LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Not taking the bait, have fun w/this thread.
    Take the bait. This isn't some trap set for you, DPS. Share your feelings aboot Jersey folks. Remember, Jersey folks, just not me. We already know I suck.

    I walk down a trail to get to my jetty. I always say "Hello" to any passers-by I encounter, and I record how people respond. Most people actually respond favorably. Some just smile or offer a quick nod. Some do look shocked that someone says, "Hello." I only really get a few ignores which I have a good response to.

    I lived in Corolla, NC for a spell and yeah, NJ and NY people were the most annoying, but then again the "locals' were pretty much a joke too. A bunch of 20-somethings from Pittsburgh and Northern Virginia whose families vacationed there. Then once out of school, they were all, " Oh, I'll move down to the Outer Banks." Then they get a job at a bar or eatery; then they get in with their coworkers and become "Joe Local" ; and then they become "Joe Surf" because they surf in July. Then they can't handle more than one winter and bail. A bunch of dorks who couldn't handle a real cracker.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Jeez all of the Jersey bashers must have drowned surfing at an ungaurded beach this past weekend.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Take the bait. This isn't some trap set for you, DPS. Share your feelings aboot Jersey folks. Remember, Jersey folks, just not me. We already know I suck.

    I walk down a trail to get to my jetty. I always say "Hello" to any passers-by I encounter, and I record how people respond. Most people actually respond favorably. Some just smile or offer a quick nod. Some do look shocked that someone says, "Hello." I only really get a few ignores which I have a good response to.

    I lived in Corolla, NC for a spell and yeah, NJ and NY people were the most annoying, but then again the "locals' were pretty much a joke too. A bunch of 20-somethings from Pittsburgh and Northern Virginia whose families vacationed there. Then once out of school, they were all, " Oh, I'll move down to the Outer Banks." Then they get a job at a bar or eatery; then they get in with their coworkers and become "Joe Local" ; and then they become "Joe Surf" because they surf in July. Then they can't handle more than one winter and bail. A bunch of dorks who couldn't handle a real cracker.
    I honestly have never had too much of a problem w/anybody from New Jersey. Most of the guys i've met down here that are from there are pretty cool, a bit wild and nuts (mostly just colorful personalities), but cool. The only thing I notice that youse guys tend to have in common is this whole "everybody and everything in NJ is better than anywhere else" type of thing, lots of talking about back home, and lots of talking about ones self. Other than that, it's all good in the hood.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,987
    There, i nibbled the bait (sh*t)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    mswsucks
    Posts
    228
    Where is New Jersey located ? I thought the state was only a myth, like bigfoot. Unless you believe in bigfoot !

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,915
    Images
    6
    I'm not sure about bigfoot, but UFO's are for real.

  7. #17
    I think cool people are cool people. And a$$holes are a$$holes.
    A$$holes from NJ tawk funny.
    A$$holes from the South talk slow.
    I think most people are cool everywhere you go. But if you meet a douche that's all you really remember and then associate that place with the douche.
    Most peeps in NJ are not fist pumpers (though they do exist) just like most people in Florida are not toothless turtle hunters.
    I was pissed when I had to move to NJ (even though it's close to NY) because I thought I was moving to the Jersey Shaw. But I actually like it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I think cool people are cool people. And a$$holes are a$$holes.
    A$$holes from NJ tawk funny.
    A$$holes from the South talk slow.
    I think most people are cool everywhere you go. But if you meet a douche that's all you really remember and then associate that place with the douche.
    Most peeps in NJ are not fist pumpers (though they do exist) just like most people in Florida are not toothless turtle hunters.
    I was pissed when I had to move to NJ (even though it's close to NY) because I thought I was moving to the Jersey Shaw. But I actually like it.
    Yeah you can't judge an individual based on his geographical orgins per say, but there are general regional differences.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Yeah you can't judge an individual based on his geographical orgins per say, but there are general regional differences.
    Yeah, there is no way around it. I will not defend the southern stereotypes. Many southerners are uneducated rednecks. There is also a sh1t ton of racism in the deep south. There are also generally more friendly and polite individuals down here. Gotta take the good with the bad. Half my family lives in south Jersey. The attitudes are completely different there. No one seems relaxed. I never really had a problem with anyone specifically when I was in NJ or NY, but it is annoying how some NJ transplants have to keep reminding you of where they are from or they keep talking about being back in Jersey. I once had a drunk dude in college try to fight me just because I said there were way too many Jersey transplants in WV. I was just joking about my home state, since I thought it was humorous that someone could dislike Jersey enough to want to move to the hills of WV. Didn't matter, cause that jersey bro wanted to fight it out.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ocean City Nj
    Posts
    320
    Images
    1
    North Jersey = Dush bag's. South Jersey is whole different state. That said the south sucks, i went to Ole Miss for freshman year of college. . .everyone is the same.(talks,clothes,trucks, frat boys) i like the Jersey/ Philly area lots of diversity and individualism compared to other places. Like Cali, everyone there is "so chill" and "tokes bros". But yea we probably suck, at least i can bench more than you