LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Best part of the ride

Hangin out over some beer and the subject of 'favorite part of surfing' comes up. Most of the guys(and gal) agreed it is visiting the green room. As much as I love that rare chance to get in a tube, for me the best part is the drop. That moment when you are perched right on the peak and then feel all the speed of a nice steep face...that is what does it for me.Everything after that is pure bonus.
    I was in the minority with this particular group and it made me wonder what the swellinfo forum might think about this.

I hunt barrels.

The second best imo is laying down a vicious full-rail carve and/or a big snap in the pocket to air drop.

The drop for sure, nothing like it

the instant you feel the wave is moving you, thats the best part.

+ 1000 for each of the last two posts.

All I want to do is fly. Feel weightless and free. That and knowing I'm either about to lift to the heavens and sky dive back down or get thrown in a colossal human washing machine. I enjoy both to a nearly equal level.

I've got a long way to go in development, skill and experience and definitely am stoked to progress eventually to shredding. However, my preference will be big wave riding as that's the uptime takeoff and drop-in.

Nothing like it, brah. Drop-in til you die.

I also thoroughly enjoy the elation of pulling up to see waves cranking, then sprinting to the water in a maniacal cackling laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    the instant you feel the wave is moving you, thats the best part.
    Like being shot out of a cannon

Emass, you should wear a too-too. It will add to the feelings you describe, I promise.

Sitting waaaaaaay outside as the kooks on the inside watch as I pick off the best wave of every set.

lol.

The drop is my favorite, also recovering from a late drop and still having the speed to get to where you wanna be.