LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I guess there are some places where you can just assume the wave is gonna break perfectly or close to it. The places I surf in NJ are not them. So, for me, there is nothing better than making the drop and looking down the line and seeing a little real estate to play with as the wave lines up just right.

If you don't think it's getting shacked then you aint been shacked

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Emass, you should wear a too-too. It will add to the feelings you describe, I promise.
    E - I'd love to borrow one of your many TUTUS, as I'm told you have a California walk-in closet full of those, stilettos and pumps, sundresses, garter belts and other transgender garb. You like dressing in drag; I like drag racing. I'm hooked on surfing; You're hooked on phonics.

Side note: Get your ducks in a row if you're trying to slam someone (i.e. what's a "too-too"?). Otherwise, it's akin to punching yourself in the face, pantsing yourself in public, or giving yourself a swirly in a toilet. If that's your bag, then by all means, do you, brah. Do you.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Jun 25, 2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: excusing the ignorance of others for they know not what they do

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    True that. I can imagine that would be the case. I'm still early anticipating my first trip to the green room, which won't be tomorrow, but not too far off if I can help it. Can't yet call an experience utopian prior to actually experiencing it.

10 months of surfing under my belt and a long way to go. But the first time I rode a wave face to face and could reach out and touch that smooth moving unstoppable force as I went down the line.... I found what I had been looking for my whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    IDK man, been shacked before, not a 23 footer or anything, but none-the-less got in and it was fun, but the feeling of the drop seems to do it for me, although, EVERYTHING about the ride is the best part to perfectly honest, at no point would I say, "man that part of the wave sucked"

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    E - I'd love to borrow one of your many TUTUS, as I'm told you have a California walk-in closet full of those, stilettos and pumps, sundresses, garter belts and other transgender garb. You like dressing in drag; I like drag racing. I'm hooked on surfing; You're hooked on phonics.

Side note: Get your ducks in a row if you're trying to slam someone (i.e. what's a "too-too"?). Otherwise, it's akin to punching yourself in the face, pantsing yourself in public, or giving yourself a swirly in a toilet. If that's your bag, then by all means, do you, brah. Do you.

My bad, didn't spell check the ballet accoutrements. I will openly admit I don't know a whole lot about ballet--definitely not nearly as much as you. BTW, the next time you attempt to "slam" someone else's phonics, make sure to brush up on semi-colon use first....

Tell me again about "pantsing oneself in public." It sounds like you're experienced...

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    True that. I can imagine that would be the case. I'm still early anticipating my first trip to the green room, which won't be tomorrow, but not too far off if I can help it. Can't yet call an experience utopian prior to actually experiencing it.
    Yeah, but you sure are trying hard.... Tiny dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    My bad, didn't spell check the ballet accoutrements. I will openly admit I don't know a whole lot about ballet--definitely not nearly as much as you. BTW, the next time you attempt to "slam" someone else's phonics, make sure to brush up on semi-colon use first....

Tell me again about "pantsing oneself in public." It sounds like you're experienced...
    Learn me good on the art of the semi-colon, brah. When I learned its use during my extensive home schooling, GED prep and night school ESL class it was made clear to me that the appropriate usage for it is linkage of independent clauses that compare or contrast one another, and without use of a conjunction. In my abysmal experience with words, phrases and grammar, I've thought the semi-colon to be an elective instrument of poetic license. I learn something new everyday. Thanks brah!!!

Feel free to teach me the ways of the semi-colon since you're quite the Renaissance Man of semis. Word from the women is that you don't need to go all out. Your semi has plenty of motion in the ocean for takeoff and shotting their piers.

Couldn't tell ya bouts the auto-pantsing in public. I like to push the envelope and go sans pants, yet with a shirt and tie.

Looks like you and I have center stage since the SUP/PB&J duel went the way of Rocky/Apollo Creed. We can go a few rounds if you'd like. But I ain't down to hug it out after unless you first rid yourself of that semi. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld).

Running my fingers along the inside wall of a stand up barrel and watching their wake track up, over and behind me.