LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    On second thought, I gotta say getting cut off by a dolphin is the best.
    Exquisite. They (dolphins) appear to be a bit slick and lacking in texture. Would the friction of a wetty plus gloves with tackiness of wax plus more wax and tree resin applied to inner thighs enable you to aerial onto the dolphin's back? Because then I'm pretty sure you could transcend the event exponentially when the two of you shot piers radder than the soon to arrive prodigal son of NJshred once he reaches his prime. I add that last part because word on the Shore is that the Hindu is with child and the ultrasound showed a fetus flexing and doing pushups in the womb.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Running my fingers along the inside wall of a stand up barrel and watching their wake track up, over and behind me.
    Damn Gaff...that is just poetic. Love the visual it creates in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    ... there is nothing better than making the drop and looking down the line and seeing a little real estate to play with as the wave lines up just right.
    For sure... sometimes I get so excited I don't know what to do, and just stand there! Ha!

I guess what that is for me is the potential of the ride... the anticipation of something great about to happen. I like spring better than summer. Same idea.

I guess I separate that feeling from the feeling of satisfaction after a particular ride or event of a ride. Slipping out of a pinching pocket... getting the body english just right to not have a drop of water nick you on the exit after a deep tube is about the most satisfying sensation in surfing for me. A good solid fins out top turn into an air drop is really satisfying, too.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jun 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    For sure... sometimes I get so excited I don't know what to do, and just stand there! Ha!

I guess what that is for me is the potential of the ride... the anticipation of something great about to happen. I like spring better than summer. Same idea.

I guess I separate that feeling from the feeling of satisfaction after a particular ride or event of a ride. Slipping out of a pinching pocket... getting the body english just right to not have a drop of water nick you on the exit after a deep tube is about the most satisfying sensation in surfing for me. A good solid fins out top turn into an air drop is really satisfying, too.
    That is the perfect word for it LB Crew, "potential." Taking off and seeing the potential for a special ride. Do love occasionally making it out of the barrel, and the sound as it starts to tuck you in. As for the fin out top turn into an air drop, if I pull that off it will be by accident.

Sitting in the water and seeing a nice set approaching

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    Sitting in the water and seeing a nice set approaching
    this.... and being waaaaay outside and picking off the best wave of the set.... everytime as the kook confetti flops about on the inside on their patoto chip boards. lol. I can't believe no one else thinks that is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    That is definitely a sight to be seen so I can only imagine what it feels like. My goal is to do that to a SUP rider when he cuts me off. The desired technique in that event would be a "hadoogan!!" jump double-kick from Mortal Kombat then landing back on your stick and smacking the lip like it ain't no thang. Lofty aspirations, but within the realm of possibility. And insanity. You could always land on HIS board (raft) and then try to rip that 14-footer in any way you can.
    Unless said SUPer rips harder than you do on his raft than you do on your learning stick, then such a thing wouldn't happen and you'd be embarrassed, but it's ok, because these are lessons you must learn my friend.

Not that I would ever cut you off, not referring to me here
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jun 26, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    So true! Or the opposite - sometimes when i'm dropping in and see all of this open wall available for abuse, I get excited to have at it and overdo the bottom turn or pump too hard and just lose balance and blow the wave of the day before it ever started.

all of the above! mine changes each session. my mentality is your best wave is yet to come. havent surfed today but yesterday a bottom turn was the best part of my wave of the day. backside. one of those long sweeping turns, pivot, front hand in water and transitioned just about all my speed to the lip. i really enjoyed it.

great thread by the way. im in an awesome mood this morning reading all of these and how stoked and friendly everyone is.

Images
    Barrells and big boosts off the lip.