LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Love looking down the line from a perfect bowled up a-frame.

That and seeing the curtain of water and the lip hitting the flats a few feet in front your toe side rail during a layback tube ride. Too bad that's usually right before my hamstring cramps up into a ride ending knot.

Images
    Most of these posts have covered it, but i sure do love getting in over my head sometimes. My favorite part of surfing is pushing your limits, heart beating and focusing on breathing and then you just say "f*ck it" and paddle out into surf that has consequence. That feeling of "Oh sh*t" when you see a clean up set rolling in and you just barely make it under the lip.

That and getting slammed can sure be fun sometimes too- kamikaze close out barrels!!

Images
    You guys love these types of threads, huh.

I have heard some people say that the best part of using cocaine is the anticipation during the process of obtaining it, and that instance when it is in one's possession......

You know that feeling when a peak - a perfect friggin head high, groomed, well-shaped, and punchy with a peeling wall(oppossed to the bad type of walling) - comes right to you, epsecially if it's crowded, and it's all yours. Do you know that feeling? Is that feeling of anticipated excitement more of a high than the actual ride?

And I'm talking a good wave, one that sits in our poor, east coast memories for life. Man, we are a sad bunch of surfers. So unfortunate.

Anyways if the waves are good, and I mean good, every moment from the drop to kick out or that last close-out bash is the best moment. God, I'm so angry right now at people with quality waves.

Oh, a suggestion for fairness in a crowded world of limited resources: You guys who prefer the drop - maybe you guys could wear a ........ a what, was that, oh yeah a "tin foil hat" to show you guys are just going to drop in. Then you guys could just drop in straight, and allow others to ride the rest of the wave down-the-line. This is not an insult saying that you guys can't surf or anything like that. Just a mere suggestion since you guys like the drops. The hat will let others know you are just looking for drops...... Oh God, I'm just joking don't get all upset. I like drops, too, for Brigham Young's sakes........

Oh Spicoli and Erock.........please stop insulting each other. Please, at least get along for the kids' sakes. And Spicoli, aka Don King, me and Dawn Patrol SUP were not fighting. Now you boys shake hands and run along now. I'll call you when dinner's ready or "supper" if y'all prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    And Spicoli, aka Don King, me and Dawn Patrol SUP were not fighting. Now you boys shake hands and run along now. I'll call you when dinner's ready or "supper" if y'all prefer.
    Just a couple of bulls locking horns is all, it's nature...

critical speed on the edge of losing it, but the board gives you control throughout the ride, in the most unbelievable, breathtaking moments of purely perfect exhilaration.
    when your board gets to do what it's meant to do, and you realize you are on the brink of your potential.
    speed and critical edge success at what should not be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Unless said SUPer rips harder than you do on his raft than you do on your learning stick, then such a thing wouldn't happen and you'd be embarrassed, but it's ok, because these are lessons you must learn my friend.

Not that I would ever cut you off, not referring to me here
    I must be missing the point of this. I'm not talking about me and a SUP going for the same wave, I'm referring to any out of control SUP coming my way and it's certainly happened multiple times this spring. Then again, my post couldn't have been more facetious, and no logical analysis necessary if I'm talking about Mortal Kombat moves on people. A learning stick sounds cool - do you just hold it and gain knowledge through osmosis?

C'mon brah, we were just all thoughtfully responding to your inner-most desires and fears and happy to do so. Let's stay in the tree of trust! If not, we'll never be able to go to the Olive Garden again and let our imagination roam about that waitress.

[QUOTE=Paddington Jetty Bear;174270]You guys love these types of threads, huh.

Oh God, I'm just joking don't get all upset. I like drops, too, for Brigham Young's sakes........

I love it ALL...(even the much maligned paddle out). I just seem to remember the steep speedy faces when looking back on a sesh with the most joy.
    I am shaping my hat made of tin now...

Quote Originally Posted by actionpants View Post
    Most of these posts have covered it, but i sure do love getting in over my head sometimes. My favorite part of surfing is pushing your limits, heart beating and focusing on breathing and then you just say "f*ck it" and paddle out into surf that has consequence. That feeling of "Oh sh*t" when you see a clean up set rolling in and you just barely make it under the lip.

That and getting slammed can sure be fun sometimes too- kamikaze close out barrels!!
    You get it. 100%

I'll call you when dinner's ready or "supper" if y'all prefer.
    Suppah kid!!!

Images
    [QUOTE=mushdoc;174303]
    You guys love these types of threads, huh.

Oh God, I'm just joking don't get all upset. I like drops, too, for Brigham Young's sakes........

I love it ALL...(even the much maligned paddle out). I just seem to remember the steep speedy faces when looking back on a sesh with the most joy.
    I am shaping my hat made of tin now...
    Please don't get confused and misunderstand what I was saying........I wasn't poking fun of those who think the drop is the best part because y'all might be right.

I was merely joking that in today's crowded line-ups we could organize people in sections:

Those who like the drops the best, sit at the peak and just drop in straight(Tin Foil Hat)
    Those who like barrels are next in line and pull in, but must kick out after the initial barrel section(Goggles)
    Those who like seeing a lined-up wall are next and take off after the barrel riders (Hmmm a visor?)
    Then those who are performanced oriented take off last for the shoulder cut back or close-out air( Backwards baseball hat)

Using this method we can all utilize the limited resources we have and everyone goes away happy.