LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Worst part of the wave??

Now that mushdoc got you guys going on the best part of the ride, what's the worst? In Florida its all bad but.... To me getting sucked over the falls is the worst.

Closeout sections

a set that breaks a foot in front of you. or crowds, but a crowd isn't the wave itself.

What about mushh!! I just hate not having a good sandbar

the worst part of the wave is the endless slop we get every day after day after day.......

Surf City To Cape Fear Nc Out 20 Nm-
    Overnight
    SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 ft. Scattered showers and tstms.
    Thu
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Thu Night
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Fri
    Fri Night
    Sat
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Showers and tstms likely.
    Sat Night
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Sun
    S winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Mon
    S winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers and tstms. Winds and seas higher in and near tstms.

Images
    The lip . . . .landing directly on my back

I know not getting into sets cuz offshores are blowing you off makes me bummed!

The worst part of the wave is clearly when there's no wave at all, whether it a result of no swell at all, high pressure, onshores, oh yeah...no swell at all. Can't even pretend that there's waves to enjoy with a groveler or "wave finder", I'm talking like you're on a damn oceanic lake. For days. And days. Like you can't even pretend you're even trying to surf. In any way.

Sooo...what was the question again?

The answer is implicit. Good luck saying different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jai-Guru View Post
    the worst part of the wave is the endless slop we get every day after day after day.......

Surf City To Cape Fear Nc Out 20 Nm-
    Overnight
    SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 ft. Scattered showers and tstms.
    Thu
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Thu Night
    Fri
    Fri Night
    Sat
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Showers and tstms likely.
    Sat Night
    SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Sun
    S winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
    Mon
    S winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers and tstms. Winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
    You apparently have never seen or felt coastal still water. I would love to sample the gourmet mushburgers you speak of.

Getting caught paddling out on a big winter day... scrambling through the impact zone, when the timing couldn't have been worse... knowing you're gonna take a big outside set right on the f-n head. And it's gonna HURT.