LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

America's Most Polluted Beach

Remind me not to surf Doheny.

Lots of California beaches on that list

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    which is somewhat ironic I think.

HA HA HA, DE had 2! Although, neither hold waves. I did see "Dirty(supposedly) Jerz only had 1.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    which is somewhat ironic I think.
    Why? Everyone knows Southern California has a problem with water quality on their beaches. Antiquated sewer systems that can't handle any rainfall....not unlike drivers on the I-5.

"Lindsey Lohan! Oh.... wait... dirtiest BEACHes, now I get it."

First comment under the story, wish I could take credit!
    So true stinkbug, as soon as a drop hits the windshield out there the whole interstate lights up like the 4th of July with brake lights.

good call on the irony. the state that preaches going green and big gov has the dirtiest water and the worst economic condition...a real model for the union

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    California has a very long coastline with many, many beaches. Of the 11 repeat offenders listed, 4 were in the small and confined area around the town of Avalon on Catalina Island. 6 spots were along Doheny State Beach located between Dana Point and San Clemente. Doheny is a long time offender. But I'm surprised that several others were not listed. Such as the beach where the Calif portion of the notorious Tijuana River empties into the ocean, Surfrider Beach in Malibu, and McGrath State Beach at the mouth of the Santa Clara River in Ventura County. Run-off in creeks or rivers emptying in to the ocean are a common source of pollution. During much of the year in SoCal, rains are infrequent, so when it does rain, all the accumulated, built-up crap and chemicals are suddenly washed into the sea. Even the Rincon point break south of Santa Barbara has had problems from the septic tanks of the nearby homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    HA HA HA, DE had 2! Although, neither hold waves. I did see "Dirty(supposedly) Jerz only had 1.
    make sure you're looking at the list right, they are saying the 2 DE beaches hold a 5 star rating for being clean. The "repeat offenders" are the dirty beaches