LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Obx?

  1. #1

    Obx?

    is chest high obx like normal head high and does nags head barrel nice and wide?

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mase
    Posts
    19
    all of obx gets world class when the swells are right, its definitely some of the hollowest waves on the east coast. its really exposed so swells are a little bit bigger there but wind is always an issue up there

  3. #3
    ok great thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    is chest high obx like normal head high and does nags head barrel nice and wide?

    thanks.
    No, Chest-high Outer Banks is chest high.

    Nags Head can barrel, but son, that sand constantly shifts and sways. It's always changing. There once was a day when Loggerhead called out to a chosen group of fellows......There once was day when Police Stations said, Hey bud let's party....ahhhh where'd you get that jacket?"

    Look around. If you are heading there soon, over the bridge, grasshopper.......head over the bridge.......if they still have a road down there....... Your compass points north, but you will head south.......

    Be wary of the area for only experienced drinkers and drivers need apply. They're watching you. Oh, watch out for gangs down there, and stay away from Teen Night at The Pit. Oh, watch out for Eastern Europeans

    Good luck. And hit up "Dune" on here....maybe he could show you around. Just stay away from his sister. And again, avoid Teen Night at The Pit.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    is chest high obx like normal head high and does nags head barrel nice and wide?

    thanks.
    Chest high is chest high ... now if it's chest high in VA Beach, then yeah, it's probably head high or OH in Nags Head.

    As far as barreling, that really depends on the sandbar and the swell direction. If it's a good swell with a strong southerly component, I'd head south of the inlet to at least Pea Island, and preferably S-Turns where you'll get better exposure to those types of swells. At the very least go down south as far as Jenette's Pier or Coquina. The Nags Head fishing pier has some good sandbars as well right now that should light up nice with the right swell direction, height, and period.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    2,116
    There are no waves in the OBX, never have been, never will be. It's all a big intraweb conspiracy theory. Don't believe the hype!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    192
    OBX waves blow a fat one. Go to SC instead, wayyyyyyyyyyy better

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    There once was day when Police Stations said, Hey bud let's party....ahhhh where'd you get that jacket?"
    Wow. You went there. My favorite line of all. Said to Stu. He got it from the network.

    PB&J, thanks for making my day.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    255
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    No, Chest-high Outer Banks is chest high.

    Nags Head can barrel, but son, that sand constantly shifts and sways. It's always changing. There once was a day when Loggerhead called out to a chosen group of fellows......There once was day when Police Stations said, Hey bud let's party....ahhhh where'd you get that jacket?"

    Look around. If you are heading there soon, over the bridge, grasshopper.......head over the bridge.......if they still have a road down there....... Your compass points north, but you will head south.......

    Be wary of the area for only experienced drinkers and drivers need apply. They're watching you. Oh, watch out for gangs down there, and stay away from Teen Night at The Pit. Oh, watch out for Eastern Europeans

    Good luck. And hit up "Dune" on here....maybe he could show you around. Just stay away from his sister. And again, avoid Teen Night at The Pit.
    OH EM GE YOU REMEMBER ME! jk but yeah it does barrel down here. You just need to find the right spot at the right tide with the right winds. And when you're in the lineup and someone asks you where you're from, NEVER SAY VA....never.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    And when you're in the lineup and someone asks you where you're from, NEVER SAY VA....never.

    Hahaha, no doubt. Cat doesn't have to worry about that, though. He's a CB grom.