LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obx?

What's wrong with being from VA? Everyone is always from out of state when I'm in Hatteras.. Everywhere from Ohio to Quebec

Better come down late morning on saturday, to avoid the crowds. Go to S-turns because everywhere else sucks. Tell your friends it was huge and hollow, they will believe you. Get some rad beach gear at sunsations. Enjoy a NY style pizza or some chinese food. The outer banks has no culture of it's own so enjoy the Caribbean vibe, mon. Laws are strange there, you can only purchase beer before noon on sunday, so stock up! Drunk driving is totally cool there, there are no cops around the few are nice as peaches. I'd surf as close to a pier as possible down there, get to know the fishermen and pier owners, real sweethearts.
    Last edited by leethestud; Jun 27, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Make sure you get some fudge at the Scotch Bonnet.. And check out the bluegrass shows at Red Drum pottery. Good times. Can't wait til August

Don't forget that if you plan to utilize the beach access any vehicle with 4 wheel drive is fine. Got a Subaru wrx... yep it will make it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Better come down late morning on saturday, to avoid the crowds. Go to S-turns because everywhere else sucks. Tell your friends it was huge and hollow, they will believe you. Get some rad beach gear at sunsations. Enjoy a NY style pizza or some chinese food. The outer banks has no culture of it's own so enjoy the Caribbean vibe, mon. Laws are strange there, you can only purchase beer before noon on sunday, so stock up! Drunk driving is totally cool there, there are no cops around the few are nice as peaches. I'd surf as close to a pier as possible down there, get to know the fishermen and pier owners, real sweethearts.
    That was pretty good, Studly. I like the "Come down late morning on a Saturday to avoid the crowds."
    "The Carribean vibe, mon" You know, one time I did get a 7.5 star pizza at Cosmo's in Southern Shores. And they were usually pretty good.....pretty consistent, but that one pizza was gold. I'll tell you, I actually miss La Fogata and Lighthouse Bagels. Shoot, I actually miss alot of their places of eat. I miss drinking at Mulligans at 11:00 am during "unemployment season." Hey Dune, can I come live with y'all?

Oh Spicoli, good to hear someone knew what I was talking aboot. I'm no movie star idolizer nor movie buff fanatic, but Jeff Spicoli was the greatest character ever.

Anyways, I kind of wish I was in North Carolina's Outer Banks right now. Yeah.............

Anybody ever surf up at Kill Devil Hills? I had one session there like 14 years ago when a friend of mine went to college up that way, was a choppy mess, but made the most of it, I just remember how chill the vibe was

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Anybody ever surf up at Kill Devil Hills? I had one session there like 14 years ago when a friend of mine went to college up that way, was a choppy mess, but made the most of it, I just remember how chill the vibe was
    Couple falls ago. Shots taken from the front porch of our rental first morning down there..one of the days of surfing on the east coast ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Couple falls ago. Shots taken from the front porch of our rental first morning down there..one of the days of surfing on the east coast ever.

Holy crap that's not the type of session we had, damn that woulda been epic, glad you scored such a great day

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I'm gonna be in Buxton for a week starting Sunday. Unfortunately, I can't make it Saturday to beat the crowds.

Lee, I was planning on shotting the Frisco pier. Do you think I should bring my chain meal wetsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarast View Post

Don't forget that if you plan to utilize the beach access any vehicle with 4 wheel drive is fine. Got a Subaru wrx... yep it will make it.

And that thing about letting air out of your tires is just a myth. Leave 'em aired up. Oh, and don't go buying one of those stupid beach driving permits either. The NPS guys are all real friendly and they don't even bother checking for that.