At what age did you move out of your parent's house? I'm 22 and still live at home, granted, I just graduated college and had been living elsewhere for the past four years, but I feel stuck here. I have a decent paying job doing something that doesn't interest me and I could easily afford to move out, but I'm afraid of losing the oppurtunity to live at home for at least a couple years and save a huge amount of money to put towards a house when the appropriate time comes. My parents are fprtunate and generous enough to pay for a lot of my things (food, cell phone, insurance, etc.) and they aren't pushy about trying to force me out of the house. They are more than happy to have me there.

The only downside to this plan is... I am completely miserable. All my friends from college live nowhere near me, my girlriend and I ended up breaking up because of the distance, and I have basically no time with work to meet new people. The isolation is killing me. Some of my friends have already moved out and are struggling somewhat financially but seem 10 times happier than I am just to be doing something new and exciting.

Looking for some wiser-than-Is to offer some perspective or advice