LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Gotta get moving now and head to the break. Chest high with offshores at optimal tide. Thanks to this, I can now cancel my order for that Arizonan wave pool that was being loaded for freight shipment. Have fun in whatever cubicle cage or parents' basement yous guys are rocking out in today!
    That's funny, that was almost an hour ago but your little green light next to your name..oh that's right you live in that giant house right on the beach that you bought w/ all the money you made doing who know whatever it is that you do, so it musta been a short sesh. Don't worry, I'll make up for my time in my office(not really a "cubicle cage") tomorrow.

Haven't lived with my folks since I was 18. Was economically tough right out of college but I scraped by. 31 now and I've moved all around the northeast, moved for a girl I almost married. Some places were better than others, but as someone who's been locked into living somewhere because of a commitment to someone...get the hell out if you're not happy and you have no ties there. Unless it's some amazing career opportunity you can't pass up, leave. Use your freedom to your advantage and move somewhere you've always wanted to live. Be smart about it, save money, vacation days for quitting time, move somewhere you know someone who can help you out for a bit, etc.

Seriously, if I was in your shoes at your age, I'd be outta there if I didn't like it. It'll be soon enough before you meet another woman and tie yourself down again...take advantage of the freedom while you have it.

I'm not concerned about being tied down to a woman.. Not my style at all. I've always loved the Northeast. My grandparents live in Hingham MA and I lived in Middletown RI for a couple years. I think I might save up for the next year to buy a townhouse in RI. It would be tough but I know I'd be happy

Images
    Even though I initially said eff it, go for it, if you did stack money for a year you'd be glad you did, even more so when you get that townhouse...in which case, are you hosting the first annual SI New England meet and greet?

Absolutely! I'm looking forward to the Newport Creamery and some Dell's lemonade. Also Papa Gino's pizza
    Last edited by Bill Cosby's nephew; Jun 28, 2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Images
    Dude Dell's is the $hit! I personally love the watermelon flavor

Emass: Get off your high-horse man, it would be much easier to digest the few gems of insight you have randomly placed in your litany of posts on this subject. Your self-felation amazes me, I bet the area around you looks like someone blew up a barrel of yogurt after you post some of that crap.

BCN: I want to reiterate what some others have said here--save up money for at least 9 months before you make a move. Save hard, live like a monk.... a surfing monk. Also, don't go buy a turn-key house if you are planning to go that route. If you have moderate construction skills go buy a complete dog of a house and fix it up as you live in it. I'm talking something under $30,000.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Dude Dell's is the $hit! I personally love the watermelon flavor
    Dell's Headache > Ice Cream Headache

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    EMass, you sound like a bitter old man, haha. Your e-grudge is probably going to be held for as long as I post here. It seems like there are two camps here - Those that weren't able to depend on their parents past 18 and those that were able to.
    To those of you that moved out and made it on your own, congratulations and you deserve all of your success. My generation in general feels that we won't have nearly the oppurtunities our parents had. Our parent's parents could make it with a high school diploma and a good work ethis. Our parents got college degrees and were set with good careers. Us, we invest so much in our education and get slapped in teh face with things like McDonald's now requiring a bachelor's degree.
    I feel like this may be the new norm... Kids go to college and those that have generous parents will stay home, save money, and buy houses. Just seems like if you get caught up in that, you're building a life that you have no power to change. I'd rather throw caution to the wind and get out there and do something unexpected. Hell, I'll move to Maine or South Florida and work construction
    My first born got a poor counter type job fresh out of ivy league and said, mom you didn't send me to college for this job. I said, You're right, I sent you to college for an education. Get a room mate and a cheap used car. Fast forward five years,that child now has worked up the corporate ladder and makes good money. Of course we also told that child, Sure you can come home but we will charge you rent. Child said,Why would I come home then. I thought, EXACTLY.

Your parents are not pushing you out of the nest. You will have to throw yourself out there. Go rent an apartment and get on with life! It's anxiety arousing for sure,but also fun and confidence building. It's safer than riding a big wave.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Dell's Headache > Ice Cream Headache

Without a doubt.