LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Upwelling

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Upwelling

    Word on the street is there's going to be some upwelling action this weekend. Has anyone been in the water today and can offer some insight? Particularly interested in the NJ-MD region. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,788
    I had some upwelling this morning, shouldn't have ate all those jalapenos... oh the burn

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,352
    thats why you should always eat ice cream after spicy foods.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    thats why you should always eat ice cream after spicy foods.
    Love me some Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Buttercup, it's my crack

  5. #5
    Pretty cold this morning in VB. I trunked it but wished I had worn my shorty. Trunkable, but definitely got cold waiting between sets. Definitely seemed colder to me as opposed to earlier in the week

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantLee View Post
    Pretty cold this morning in VB. I trunked it but wished I had worn my shorty. Trunkable, but definitely got cold waiting between sets. Definitely seemed colder to me as opposed to earlier in the week
    Thank you GrantLee. I guess these forums can occasionally give concrete surf knowledge. I will come prepared with some neoprene options.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by M.R.gnar28 View Post
    I guess these forums can occasionally give concrete surf knowledge.
    Very very rare occassions...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by M.R.gnar28 View Post
    Thank you GrantLee. I guess these forums can occasionally give concrete surf knowledge. I will come prepared with some neoprene options.
    Dude, no one on here can predict water temperatures. Shoot half the reports you get aboot the current water temperature from local surf shops and the news stations are wrong many times. You just gotta kind of know. Upwelling doesn't happen everytime the wind blows south.

    When you see a given water temp, give it a 3-5 degree range of innaccuarcy in either direction.

    And concrete surf knowledge is gained from experience not axing people on the interent. I'm not being a wise-ass, either. Learning on your own is a quater of the fun. Plus, you feel better about yourself and Demi Levato when you learn lessons on your own and accomplish things without axing some dude on an internet, who might not even know of what he speaks. Like me.

    And these days, don't ax surf questions on here. We're tired off surf questions, especially wetsuit questions. Nowadays we want to hear aboot your personal problems. The more intimate and private the better.

    Are you considering coming out-of-the-closet to your parents? Did you accidentally kill someone and the guilt is driving you nuts? Getting bullied by the cool kids at school? Well, whatever problem you have there are people who care, right here on Swellinfo.com. They are more than willing to give you their opinions on how to handle any crises you may encounter. Good luck and stay warm out there, man.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post

    And these days, don't ax surf questions on here. We're tired off surf questions, especially wetsuit questions. Nowadays we want to hear aboot your personal problems. The more intimate and private the better.

    .
    Excrement and the bowel evacuation process, with or without wetsuit, is also often discussed (disgust).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Excrement and the bowel evacuation process, with or without wetsuit, is also often discussed (disgust).
    Like PB&J said, personal problems, and the more intimate the better.

    Nice play on words. I see what you did there.