LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    474

    This just in from Stoke HQ! How to snag 20 to 30 to 40 foot waves every session!

    Greetings! <br />Let me explain my preposterous subj heading...<br />I can make that claim because I have created a new metric by which to measure the sometimes/often times sh#tty east coast slop we get in Summer. One simply has to measure (guesstimate of course) how far down the line or in case of a close-out, how far towards shore one has ridden the rinky dink lil wave. On a normal, howlingly side shore, 2ft. blown out day it makes for funny looks in the lineup when I'm screaming to friends how I just snagged a \\\"23 footer!!!!\\\" (maybe that was what NJShredmachine was talking about all this time?? lol)<br /><br />In other news the surf is finally up on the NC coast. <br />That South Swell was wrapping in nicely during high tide at CB just a lil while ago. I hope some peeps got to sample that. If not it should be here all weekend. sEe ya shredders in the H20! and good luck catching that elusive \\\"56 ft.\\\" wave!<br /><br />-people call me \\\"stoked guy\\\" but swell info wouldn't let me change my handle! peace!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    474
    Geez sorry about the formatting! what gives?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manasquan, NJ
    Posts
    66
    What did you just try to say?

  4. #4
    Then I caught a couple of 300 footers today?

    [which really means I went 150 feet - since every surfer I know exaggerates, or at least as they re-tell each best wave ever stories]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,321
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    Geez sorry about the formatting! what gives?
    I'm no computer surgeon, but that seems like some sort of HTML auto format setting or something.

    I'm glad it's starting to wrap into CB. Got a few good ones mid-morning in WB today.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'm no computer surgeon, but that seems like some sort of HTML auto format setting or something.

    I'm glad it's starting to wrap into CB. Got a few good ones mid-morning in WB today.
    Well glad someone was able to capitalize on this swell!
    I for one have had rotten luck!...after posting the above garbled post on friday I had to rush off to Raleigh for a rock show that very same night. I promised myself I'd get back to the coast early this a.m. only to have car trouble and got stuck in said Sprawlopolis til now...how was it today? anyone?
    Ruined a whole day hanging out with hipsters and other assorted jerks du jour. Oh well there's always tomorrow AM! see yas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    Then I caught a couple of 300 footers today?

    [which really means I went 150 feet - since every surfer I know exaggerates, or at least as they re-tell each best wave ever stories]

    hahaha indeed! I've never caught a 150 footer! I hope some photographers were able to document that

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,321
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    Well glad someone was able to capitalize on this swell!
    I for one have had rotten luck!...after posting the above garbled post on friday I had to rush off to Raleigh for a rock show that very same night. I promised myself I'd get back to the coast early this a.m. only to have car trouble and got stuck in said Sprawlopolis til now...how was it today? anyone?
    Ruined a whole day hanging out with hipsters and other assorted jerks du jour. Oh well there's always tomorrow AM! see yas
    Yes. It's looking pretty good out there right now. I'm choking down a cup of coffee then headed out--I suggest you do the same.

    150-200' on the sets....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Monmouth - NJ
    Posts
    220
    Dirty Jerz was clean and super fun all day.