LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Problems going left

Hey everyone! I'm a goofy footed surfer and im having MAJOR problems taking the wave to the left, im perfectly fine going right but every time i try to take it left i wipe out almost immediately... Any advice for me? i just wanna be able to ride em both ways when its necessary. Thanks in advance! Btw, anyone on the georgia coast notice unusually better waves today? Lol because Tybee doesnt usually get clean 3-5+.

Images
    When I started, I had the same issue. Fine going backside 'cause i'd usually take off angled down the line. When I tried to go left (frontside) requiring a bottom turn, i'd lean in, but the board would go straight and I'd eat it. Then one day I really cranked, put more weight over my back foot, and tried to turn, not just lean. The board turned and shot down the line. It was an epiphany, and i never looked back

Images
    other here on hhi we had 3 footers it was nice today wasnt it? well maybe your not goofy but my only advice is just keep practicing and dont do the same thing over and over.

You're thinking about it too much. Just do it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    When I started, I had the same issue. Fine going backside 'cause i'd usually take off angled down the line. When I tried to go left (frontside) requiring a bottom turn, i'd lean in, but the board would go straight and I'd eat it. Then one day I really cranked, put more weight over my back foot, and tried to turn, not just lean. The board turned and shot down the line. It was an epiphany, and i never looked back
    Yeah more weight towards the back. I'm goofy and I used to have trouble going right then I started grabbing the left rail and yanking up on it, it makes turning much easier. I don't know if that would work for going left tho

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Nice to know im not the only one haha. Next time i go out im definitely going in harder with more weight on my backfoot, though i wont be out in the surf for a week. Going to the biggest lake in the world, the gulf of mexico lol. Thanks for the help!

its all about foot placement bro.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    other here on hhi we had 3 footers it was nice today wasnt it? well maybe your not goofy but my only advice is just keep practicing and dont do the same thing over and over.
    Alright thanks man. ill definitely keep practicing. And yeah! the waves were pumpin over on Tybee for once! Even with the outgoing I was still gettin some nice rides.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
    its all about foot placement bro.
    Alright ill make sure to work on that. Thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    You're thinking about it too much. Just do it.
    Some of the best advice is the simplest. Thanks, practice makes perfect.