LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Surfwise getting popular

New documentary 'Surfwise' makes the homepage of Youtube.

What does everyone think of this movie / family?

I watched it on HDNet last week. That dude banged his share of chicks before picking his wife. I would love to live that surfing life, not so much the chick part and there is still time!
    Last edited by Chris Joyner; May 15, 2008 at 02:15 PM.

Images
    Wow! this documentary looks amazing:

I haven't watched the movie yet, is it available?
    Last edited by Swellinfo; May 15, 2008 at 03:57 PM.

The movie was interesting and of course that lifestyle would be difficult today. While it sounds like it would be fun to have that lifestyle as a kid there was so much anger in many of his kids it is kind of sad. Really sick to imagine your parents humping away while you are in the same 24 foot camper with them.....jeeeeeez....no thanks!

Looks pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by goin_retro View Post
    New documentary 'Surfwise' makes the homepage of Youtube.

What does everyone think of this movie / family?
    Thanks alot for this link.

I haven't seen it yet, but it's already in the mail. After watching the trailer I think highly of this man and what he did for his kids. The lines they said were simple truths that have been thrown by the wayside today.

People who choose to let their lives revolve around the ocean are purely unique. They tend to let the material BS (that currently has almost everyone in a sleeperhold) fade away and create there own way of living. Minimal and subliminal. It looks like this guy had the stones to not only do that to the fullest, but consequently pass that philosophy down to his children. Which is quite a gift to say the least.

Nice to see a reference to Jack in there too, I haven't picked up one of his books for awhile...

i just saw the movie. its amazing and it really made me think about the way that America lives their lives. I would recommend it for everyone out there. It is available in the instant quene on Netflix.

Watch the movie and hear the grown children before making your assessment on whether this was an ideal way to raise a family in twentieth century western civilization.

i didnt say it was a good way. i did also watch the whole thing. i just thought it was interesting

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    It is available in the instant quene on Netflix.

yessssss, gonna watch it right now