LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,642
    Images
    26

    Jersey V. South Thread

    What happened? I didn't see much inappropriateness within the thread. Some funny comments, but why the "lock-out". Did I miss something? Was someone from Charleston or New Jersey so offended by the comments that a "lockout" ensued? Did President Obama see the red bat phone in the oval office light up because the SI forum was getting out of control? I know this is a tight community on here, but really, I don't think anyone on the planet cares what we say back and forth on a surfing web forum. I doubt the price of tea in china just sky rocketed because they thought the second US civil war was coming because a couple guys from SC on a surfing forum said "The South Will Rise Again"....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    470
    Actually it was a guy from va lol

    Let the hate ensue

    Thoughts on vacationing in jerz?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    834
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    Actually it was a guy from va lol

    Let the hate ensue

    Thoughts on vacationing in jerz?
    the mountains are nice this time of year

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,188
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post

    Thoughts on vacationing in jerz?
    Not a great place to vacation... Trust me... I've been there...

    Two things I learned from my vacation in dirty jersey
    1. If you go- bring lots of money to spend at the local stores

    2. Forget the board at home. No waves and cold water...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    470
    Gen John Gordon said the guerrilla war could be maintained from there. Don't any ya boys git any ideas ya hear

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    What happened? I didn't see much inappropriateness within the thread. Some funny comments, but why the "lock-out". Did I miss something? Was someone from Charleston or New Jersey so offended by the comments that a "lockout" ensued? Did President Obama see the red bat phone in the oval office light up because the SI forum was getting out of control? I know this is a tight community on here, but really, I don't think anyone on the planet cares what we say back and forth on a surfing web forum. I doubt the price of tea in china just sky rocketed because they thought the second US civil war was coming because a couple guys from SC on a surfing forum said "The South Will Rise Again"....
    I reported my own post a coupe pages before the closing. I said the thread had degraded to insults an was no longer civil. I am sure that wasn't the only reason though. I always thought it would be better to close a thread, than it is to argue until someone gets banned.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I reported my own post a coupe pages before the closing. I said the thread had degraded to insults an was no longer civil. I am sure that wasn't the only reason though. I always thought it would be better to close a thread, than it is to argue until someone gets banned.
    It wasn't even a geographical debate anymore, just insults. But kudos to brewengineer for being the bigger person.

  8. #8
    Which one of you NJ'ers won the Powerball? Can you spare be a couple of thousand dollars for a Mentawais Boat trip?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,212
    Images
    4
    the carpetbaggers fight for the south then lose typical..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,113
    Groundbreaking Update #3: ..... It is still dead flat here in S. Fla. I almost want to put up the white flag, get on I-95, and go to LBI to visit my Jerzy Boyz for some waves, babes and frivolity. Almost. Nonetheless,The Dirty Souff still rules, and Snookie still drools! Stay tuned for more riveting updates from this corner of the Bermuda Triangle.