LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

that's pretty awesome...& a great example of what go-pro cameras are capable of!

i did find it sort of ironic how the narrator was talking about the SUP being "noninvasive" as the guy paddled over the beast's tail.

Images
    wow! Check out the width of that shark!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    that's pretty awesome...& a great example of what go-pro cameras are capable of!

i did find it sort of ironic how the narrator was talking about the SUP being "noninvasive" as the guy paddled over the beast's tail.
    Since getting an SUP a couple years ago I’ve had numerous encounters with sharks, dolphin, manatee, you name it, it truly gives you a unique perspective on the water that you normally don't get while surfing. I've never had anything get too curious although my wife was flipped off the board once by a manatee, I guess she spooked it while it was resting in the shallows, this wasn't at the beach, but at Fort Desoto Park, a very protected area where they hang out. She fell and cut her foot on an oyster bed that day and ended up going to the ER to get it cleaned out, I was in trouble that day (not really, but I felt bad) HAHA

Speaking of manatees, I saw one in the surf last week up here. I have heard about them making their way from the waterways to the ocean but never seen them there before until then.

There was one fella who made his way all the way to Cape Cod, and died when they tried to bring him back to Seaworld Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Speaking of manatees, I saw one in the surf last week up here. I have heard about them making their way from the waterways to the ocean but never seen them there before until then.

There was one fella who made his way all the way to Cape Cod, and died when they tried to bring him back to Seaworld Orlando
    I had one pop up right next to me at Ponce Inlet last year, he / she was massive, caught me off guard at first, but once I got a look at it I knew it was nothing to be afraid of

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    . I've never had anything get too curious although my wife was flipped off the board once by a manatee, I guess she spooked it while it was resting in the shallows, this wasn't at the beach, but at Fort Desoto Park, a very protected area where they hang out. She fell and cut her foot on an oyster bed that day and ended up going to the ER to get it cleaned out, I was in trouble that day (not really, but I felt bad) HAHA
    Oh man, do I miss Fort Desoto!!! Used to go there as a kid! Take a left and head all the way out to the point. Fishing pole, some shrimp and I was good for hours!

"It would've been very interesting if I'd fallen in the water."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Oh man, do I miss Fort Desoto!!! Used to go there as a kid! Take a left and head all the way out to the point. Fishing pole, some shrimp and I was good for hours!
    Yeah dude, it's a great get-a-way that isn't all that far "away", perfect for flat water paddling, I like to fish from my SUP, you should give it a try if you end up getting one