LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Unless you guys want to go sustenance farm and hunt somewhere remote that has year-round waves (my ideal existence) then you may as well do your best with available diet, keep exercising, get regular sleep, and stay away from booze and smoking. Something's going to kill you. The Jack Daniels or Bud heavies you put in your veins a few times a week will kill you a lot faster than any of these GMOs. Do I agree with them doing this? Not at all, coming from a Physio/Bioenergetics background. Are we all usually doing something that's not conducive to our longevity? For the most part. Choose the lesser evil.
    your argument that GMO's is less damaging than a couple of beers a week holds no weight.
    this is what regular consumption of GMO's does: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/02786915

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Unless you guys want to go sustenance farm and hunt somewhere remote that has year-round waves (my ideal existence) then you may as well do your best with available diet, keep exercising, get regular sleep, and stay away from booze and smoking. Something's going to kill you. The Jack Daniels or Bud heavies you put in your veins a few times a week will kill you a lot faster than any of these GMOs. Do I agree with them doing this? Not at all, coming from a Physio/Bioenergetics background. Are we all usually doing something that's not conducive to our longevity? For the most part. Choose the lesser evil.
    oops. wrong link. here is the correct one:
    http://research.sustainablefoodtrust...inal-Paper.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Speculation without data. I try to stay away from this. I also mostly eat veggies at home, which are washed with organic soap.
    brewdude, here is the link I previously posted that was incorrect:

Einstein said that 5 years after the bee are gone, then so will we be. You'd think that guy knew what he was talking about and that his words would be heeded. So if there is a possibility that there's a substance that causing hive collapse, it should be banned.
    http://www.thepost.on.ca/2013/06/19/...y-the-millions

“Once the corn started to get planted our bees died by the millions,” Schuit said. He and many others, including the European Union, are pointing the finger at a class of insecticides known as neonicotinoids, manufactured by Bayer CropScience Inc. used in planting corn and some other crops. The European Union just recently voted to ban these insecticides for two years, beginning December 1, 2013, to be able to study how it relates to the large bee kill they are experiencing there also.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    brewdude, here is the link I previously posted that was incorrect:
    Interesting study. It just doesn't show data that proves humans receive similar doses of the chemicals from eating normal GM food. I have no doubt that too much of this can be harmful. We need to push for human trials using levels representative of normal consumption as food. That is what we need to tell the government.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Einstein said that 5 years after the bee are gone, then so will we be. You'd think that guy knew what he was talking about and that his words would be heeded. So if there is a possibility that there's a substance that causing hive collapse, it should be banned.
    http://www.thepost.on.ca/2013/06/19/...y-the-millions

“Once the corn started to get planted our bees died by the millions,” Schuit said. He and many others, including the European Union, are pointing the finger at a class of insecticides known as neonicotinoids, manufactured by Bayer CropScience Inc. used in planting corn and some other crops. The European Union just recently voted to ban these insecticides for two years, beginning December 1, 2013, to be able to study how it relates to the large bee kill they are experiencing there also.
    neonicotinoids are bad stuff for bees. They aren't GMO, but should not be used.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    why so apathetic? the use of GMO crops is a political issue. to say there is nothing to do about it is just rolling over and licking the boots of people like Hillary Clinton. where are your balls?
    glyphosate (roundup) is far far worse than Budweiser. I don't think exercise and regular sleep will do anything as far as putting poison like glyphosate in your body.
    My balls are in your face brah! Sorry about the teabag...it was a wild night and you were passed out and the crowd wanted a laugh.

It's not like I discredit this stuff at all or condone it. I just have so many hours in the day (24 to be exact, since I don't sleep) and got enough on my plate. No apathy, there's just poisons all around us.

You want poisons in food? There's soy in everything these days. Go dine on soy in quantity for a few months and when you come back, we can cry watch The Notebook on replay because all the phytoestrogens will have shut down your HPTA and your testosterone will be nil.

Sustenance farming. That's the answer.

Images
    Subsistence farming is the official term I believe...not being a prick just figured you'd want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Interesting study. It just doesn't show data that proves humans receive similar doses of the chemicals from eating normal GM food. I have no doubt that too much of this can be harmful. We need to push for human trials using levels representative of normal consumption as food. That is what we need to tell the government.
    unofficially we have human trials. most Americans eat GMO's on a daily basis (pretty much every meal). personally I don't believe the cancer rate has sky-rocketed due to better detection.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Subsistence farming is the official term I believe...not being a prick just figured you'd want to know.
    Big ups to you brah. Appreciate it and always love learning. Sustenance farming is still correct usage but subsistence farming is the more popular and official term like you said.

So what do you say we get a couple hoes, plant some seeds, and get ready for the big party in October/November?