LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird Blisters on Bottom of Board

Hey everyone,
    I have had pressure dings on the bottom of my boards before, but never blisters/bumps. These look big when the light hits them like in the picture, but they are only about 3 inches long and less and an inch wide and you can barley feel them. (the board is 9'2''). It doesn't look like a delam, but like a blister is forming from deep within the 8oz glassing. I am super careful with my boards, but lately, my wife has been coming to the beach with me, so after an early morning surf, we hang on the beach and I keep the board in a sock, but in the hot hot heat.

Is this the result of putting a wet board in a sock and letting it sit in the sun? I was hoping the sock would be enough to keep the sun off it.

I can live with these small bumps because they don't look or feel bad, but I don't want it to get worse. Do you recommend I start using a day bag if I plan on being at the beach for a while?
    Thanks.

Blister.jpg

heat and fiberglass don't play nice. post some better/clearer pics.

^don't leave your board or your wetsuit or yourself in the sun for too long, big ol hydrogen bunga bunga

Delam man. Push on it, squishy right? You did a great job describing it, blister n the sun.
    Bummer. Plenty of knowledge out there on fixin delams; have fun.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Jul 2, 2013 at 06:08 AM.

Surf it til it dies. I like that. Kind of like party til she's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Surf it til it dies. I like that. Kind of like party til she's cute.
    Sorry, I had to take that out. I've broken a lot of boards, made me melancholy.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    ^don't leave your board or your wetsuit or yourself in the sun for too long, big ol hydrogen bunga bunga

Delam man. Push on it, squishy right? You did a great job describing it, blister n the sun.
    Bummer. Plenty of knowledge out there on fixin delams; have fun.
    It's stiff. Not squishy at all, can't press it down or move it. Maybe it's not that bad yet, or I'm weak (impossible, I bench 400lbs while banging a hindu chick). But I will start researching delam repair.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have had pressure dings on the bottom of my boards before, but never blisters/bumps. These look big when the light hits them like in the picture, but they are only about 3 inches long and less and an inch wide and you can barley feel them. (the board is 9'2''). It doesn't look like a delam, but like a blister is forming from deep within the 8oz glassing. I am super careful with my boards, but lately, my wife has been coming to the beach with me, so after an early morning surf, we hang on the beach and I keep the board in a sock, but in the hot hot heat.

Is this the result of putting a wet board in a sock and letting it sit in the sun? I was hoping the sock would be enough to keep the sun off it.

I can live with these small bumps because they don't look or feel bad, but I don't want it to get worse. Do you recommend I start using a day bag if I plan on being at the beach for a while?
    Thanks.

Blister.jpg
    the odds of becoming the world surfing champion on your board had decreased dramatically.

Has your board been whoring around ?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the odds of becoming the world surfing champion on your board had decreased dramatically.
    I'm still my mom's favorite surfer!

Since it's so small that it's not worth losing sleep over, I'm just going to keep it in an all white day bag when it's on the roof racks. I'll keep my eye on it, if it gets bigger and grows and starts getting mushy, I'll take it in to a pro.