LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yes bill cosby would be dissappointed. You can cover about 5 miles of coastline in a car in 10 minutes.

NOT in VB...

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Isn't there another break a mile or less from that one? IDK how it's setup up there but around here there's a new "break" every 50 feet. It seems to me that it would make sense to find at least one other "go-to" break that's just as close or barely a little further down the road, i'm sure it's worth an extra 5 minutes in the car to actually catch some waves as oppossed to spending 2hrs getting frustrated cause you can't get one.
    There are plenty. Pendleton has been breaking pretty good. There was a semi-point break that developed in the North End (not saying where) that was breaking all of June, haven't been up there in a couple weeks to see if it's still there though. There was another smaller point just south of the pier. Get out and look a little. You'll find some interesting things.

If I go tomorrow North End will be the way to go. Can't even imagine how crowded the jetty will be

I carry a gun in the line up. A modified waterproof remington hunting rifle. Needless to say, I get my F*ing waves no matter what man. Never happened, never will happen to me brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    There are plenty. Pendleton has been breaking pretty good. There was a semi-point break that developed in the North End (not saying where) that was breaking all of June, haven't been up there in a couple weeks to see if it's still there though. There was another smaller point just south of the pier. Get out and look a little. You'll find some interesting things.
    That's what I figured, just takes effort and not settling for the same ole routine, it's easy to fall into that rut, I try to get new things at the restaurants I frequent but I tend to order the same thing out of familiarity, but when I finally try something else I find it's better than what I had been getting before, and then I wonder, why haven't I ordered this before...

I would of stayed in the water all night, rather than taking the paddle of shame in.

Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVLyB0Yc6I
    Well...guess that just about wraps her up! Well-played, mate.

As far as going out and not getting a single wave, of course I have! I'm a kook! My first couple sessions were like that. I caught everything last night though and it was ankle-high with nearly no punch. Gotta love the Retro Fish and peaks that aren't shifting too badly.

I won't get off the water until I've caught something I can call a wave. If it's 100% flat, I'll just paddle for a mile or so for conditioning. I can't be caged.

That's what I figured, just takes effort and not settling for the same ole routine, it's easy to fall into that rut, I try to get new things at the restaurants I frequent but I tend to order the same thing out of familiarity, but when I finally try something else I find it's better than what I had been getting before, and then I wonder, why haven't I ordered this before...
    Careful...you may end up like me and ordering the left side of the menu.

As a beginner, that's happened to me on a number of occasions. It hasn't been due to a crowded line up, as I tend to stay out of everyone's way or go to a less crowded beach. Sometimes I'll go out just to go out - to get some paddling in and enjoy the water. Beats working out in a gym. There were times when I just couldn't do anything right. The waves weren't very good to begin with, but I was in a slump. Just A few words of advice from another surfer helped out a lot. No more slump. But your situation was different. Try Croatan or Sandbridge or North end of the beach. 1st Street is good from late fall through winter. Less crowded, better vibe, and free parking. An if you go out toward dusk, the Holiday lights along the boardwalk are nice too.