LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I can't stop watching this clip. It's like Teahupo'o with the circular closeout and the thickness of the lip rivaling its height. Brah, it's like there's IED's in that water at certain points of the break. These geysers come out of nowhere. Mad rad props to all of those surfers and spongers that knew how to ride it and made it through most of it untouched. That is, until they got catapulted. Great editing. Slow-mo wouldn't have done it justice. Gotta put it on freeze-frame so viewers can see "yes, this guy is inverted 23 feet in the air and about to safely land on a Hindu cushion buried beneath the whitewater."

Any more vids like this?

Images
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^Just youtube search the wedge and you should get tons of hits. There was some footage I saw a few weeks back of a pretty sizable swell from this past winter.

Without having watched the videos, I knew it must have been the wedge from Spicoli's description. I could spend hours watching people eat it at the wedge.

Images
    I'd love to catch that place on a 4-6 foot day.

Pink and SS - yup. The Wedge. And I just watched 5 other films just like it from that location. Some of them were just as good because of the crowd response as what you were seeing. It's a pretty sick spot. Not a complete closeout disaster so it presents challenge and reward to get in for the quick viable ride then out before you're going Kennore on spin. When it winds around to the arced portion to the far left (from wave POV), do you think that is always pure closeout or could that be ridden with some type of face in the right wind? Like a skater would in a bowl. You watch Teahupo'o and it looks like you just gotta pull right and back towards the shore once you reach the sidearm of it but that could be due to just how damn heavy that is. Not that this one's a bag of feathers.

Pink, I could watch these clips all day too. Anywhere in MA we can make this happen artificially with the help of some ski boat wakes? I'll bring the hoes and seldom will bring the seeds.

I wish that was me...takes me back to my roots! Pounds of sand in every pore, sunburned and sore, me wants some more.