LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jayb View Post
    extra 6" can get you a lot more rides
    that's what she said!

I would go with the 9'6". As it was said earlier it will be easier to catch waves, better stability for nose rides etc... I currently have a 9'0" 2+1 and am looking to go 9'6"-10' for a nice nose rider. I am not personally familiar with either the hydro hull or the red line but I have heard good things about the hydro hull. The Redline 11 looks like it is a bit wider and a bit thicker which will provide extra float when compared to the Hydro Hull. If you look at total volume from highest to lowest it looks like 9'6" HH, then 9'0 RL11, then 9'0" HH. (http://www.stewartsurfboards.com/surfboards) It seems each of the designs for each model has slightly different measurements. For the most part if your just beginning, I would probably go with the most foam. Foam=Float= more waves caught

I am a new surfer as well and took a few lessons. I drove down to Stewarts shop which was awesome, great staff. I went with the Redline 11. Im 6'2" 195 lbs. My advice go with th 9'6" I have gotten up on the board but like everyone else is saying you will catch more rides and have more fun with the 9'6". If I could do it over that's what I would do. Don't get me wrong im getting used to the board and its quick but ive taken a lot of spills with it as well. Im getting better but not without my days of frustration. Besides you will want to have a variety of boards in your quiver

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I think I am going to shoot for the Mctavish Fireball in a 9' 6" length. I think the length will be more forgiving and given the nature of the board in general I will probably grow into it and be satisfied with the match. I do like the Stewart but I have seen some really good reviews on the Fireball. I have had a lot of help on this and I appreciate all of it, Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by longboard65 View Post
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I think I am going to shoot for the Mctavish Fireball in a 9' 6" length. I think the length will be more forgiving and given the nature of the board in general I will probably grow into it and be satisfied with the match. I do like the Stewart but I have seen some really good reviews on the Fireball. I have had a lot of help on this and I appreciate all of it, Thanks again
    It will be an awesome board, you'll love it. I had my 8'1" McTavish 8 Ball out the past 5 days and was getting some really fun rides on it, I found a spot all to myself, it was breaking kinda big and chunky, waist to chest with occassoinal head high sets. I never had so much fun on this board till now, ever since I dropped the thruster setup and went to an 8" single Fin it's been nothing but fun. It's a beast at 8'1", go for it in the 9'6", it'll be a wave catching machine and you'll be surprised how nimble it is in bigger stuff.