LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    6

    Gulf Coast miracle day

    Has anyone else seen the surf report for the areas around Panama City? Me and my friend have to come down to Orange Beach, AL for a couple of days and we are never happy about staying in the Gulf Coast (Surfing-wise). Ironically before we left to Orange Beach we were talking about how awesome it would be if day like this came but we both agreed its highly unlikely so we brought no boards whatsoever. Miraculously tomorrow (Thursday) the wave height is 3-4+ (clean) and the surf report for Panama City is listed for waves up to 10 feet. WTF. Is there some kind of disturbance out there?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,150
    Just checked the report you are looking at, it appears you are going to be dealing with some heavy onshore winds, very choppy conditions. It won't hit 10 feet, not a chance, but you'll see some 6 foot faces i'm sure, IF you can make it out in that mess.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Just checked the report you are looking at, it appears you are going to be dealing with some heavy onshore winds, very choppy conditions. It won't hit 10 feet, not a chance, but you'll see some 6 foot faces i'm sure, IF you can make it out in that mess.
    No sorry it was kinda unclear. We are not going to Panama City we are staying in Orange beach were it is more organized.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,150
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLakeTybee View Post
    No sorry it was kinda unclear. We are not going to Panama City we are staying in Orange beach were it is more organized.
    Gotcha, thought you were headed to PC (which won't see 10 feet anything) I'm sure you can rent a board somewhere though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    494
    Images
    1
    told you so. Alabama point jetty will block that east wind and clean up nicely...leaving your boards at home was not smart

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    told you so. Alabama point jetty will block that east wind and clean up nicely...leaving your boards at home was not smart
    I know but it just seemed to hopeless that there would be any significant waves in the gulf. I am kinda kicking myself now

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Beyond The Wall
    Posts
    2,605
    Images
    6
    Always bring your boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    494
    Images
    1
    why are you even considering panama city? PC is a 3 hour drive from orange beach. All kinds of fail going on here

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Savannah, Ga
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    why are you even considering panama city? PC is a 3 hour drive from orange beach. All kinds of fail going on here
    We arnt going to "PC" I was just mentioning the crazy conditions there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    118
    Pc looking like a washing machine right now. **** it Im still going out