LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Sunova Delam

Sunova Delam

Any advice on fixing a delam on a Sunova board. It's a balsa skinned, vacuum bagged, epoxy core with a large delam on the deck from the previous owner leaving it in his car. If it were fiberglass, I'd just cut out the delamed patch, put some resin underneath then slap the cloth back on top with some new bits around the cut. Same thing here maybe?

Little out of my comfort zone, I don't even own a vacuum pump and stick to shaping/glassing poly. Haven't bought it yet, but the price is right and I like Bert's boards, just don't know about fixing this one.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    "Yeah, don't go to England."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoYUQSU38E

It sounds like you may have to go for the drill, fill, press sequence. I doubt you need a vac bag, just something that can apply decent pressure evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    It sounds like you may have to go for the drill, fill, press sequence. I doubt you need a vac bag, just something that can apply decent pressure evenly.
    Yeah, I'll prolly just do that an the ol brick trick. Need to dig through Sway's, I'm sure somebody's fixed a delam on one of these veneered boards before.