LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom

Hybrid View

Freedom

Special thanks to all the American soldiers here on SI. May you enjoy our nation's birthday in peace with your loved ones. Same to the rest of you!

THESE COLORS DON'T RUN
    BOSTON STRONG

A lil something for the kids here on this fine weekend of Patriotic pride:

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

We're stronger than the storm

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    We're stronger than the storm
    True that. Since the last Independence Day, it's been a gauntlet for the Northeast. God Bless the Union, and the rest of the contiguous (and you too, Hawaii, Alaska, PR, Guam, the Northern Marianas, American Samoa and the Virgin Islands).

4. Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    (and you too, Hawaii, Alaska, PR, Guam, the Northern Marianas, American Samoa and the Virgin Islands).
    We don't want your blessings Haoli, we want our independence back from the blood sucking imperialist American leaches. FREE HAWAII!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    We don't want your blessings Haoli, we want our independence back from the blood sucking imperialist American leaches. FREE HAWAII!!!
    this from the jackass who can't actually spell "haole"...

6. Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    this from the jackass who can't actually spell "haole"...
    Once again America-can-do-no-wrong imperialist tendencies rear their ugly head. Hawaii didn't have a written language when the West imposed its spellings of its language and names of its things on it - including names like the Sandwich Islands and Hawaii.. From a phonemic perspective, nobody ever says FU Haole with a hard A inflection. Its said with a distinct hard E generally accentuating the FU intention towards those apparently lacking a soul, such as those who have blind faith in an America that is daily straying from its roots, once oriented towards real Freedom.

Did you know that between 1850 and 1900 getting caught surfing was punishable by death in the Islands?

Have you even ever been past Makaha on the way to Yokes and suddenly been stricken to surf Free Hawaii. You might be a paying attention editing fool, but you need to learn some "real" American history.

Then again, at least you know how to spell jackass you sheepish piece of Jack...

For that I am thankful! Haole's abound!

Good thing the US claimed the Hawaiian Islands. Imagine if it had been Japan? Or worse, Spain! You'd be singing a different tune then, BRAH.

Everybody have a fun, safe and happy 4th? Hoping yous guys all did. Thanks again to our veterans past and present. Some great weather here in the northeast that you should all be enjoying with the family and friends. Brought to you courtesy of the red, white and blue.

I'm so glad you bumped this. This was such an epic thread