LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Freedom

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    981
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    don't spout your "i'm anti-American" freedom rants on me either. my grandfather stormed Normandy Beach in WWII, my father fought in the Vietnam War, and my brother is currently a Sgt. in the U.S. Marine Corp and has done 3 tours in Afghanistan fighting Al-Qaeda while our gov. arms Al-Qaeda in Syria.
    my brother was an only child.

  2. #12
    My younger brother who is currently serving in the Army surprised us on the 4th after not being home for 8 months. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the holiday

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by krl0919 View Post
    My younger brother who is currently serving in the Army surprised us on the 4th after not being home for 8 months. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the holiday
    That's pure joy. I'm very happy for your whole family. I'm sure it was great.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    this from the jackass who can't actually spell "haole"...
    Once again America-can-do-no-wrong imperialist tendencies rear their ugly head. Hawaii didn't have a written language when the West imposed its spellings of its language and names of its things on it - including names like the Sandwich Islands and Hawaii.. From a phonemic perspective, nobody ever says FU Haole with a hard A inflection. Its said with a distinct hard E generally accentuating the FU intention towards those apparently lacking a soul, such as those who have blind faith in an America that is daily straying from its roots, once oriented towards real Freedom.

    Did you know that between 1850 and 1900 getting caught surfing was punishable by death in the Islands?

    Have you even ever been past Makaha on the way to Yokes and suddenly been stricken to surf Free Hawaii. You might be a paying attention editing fool, but you need to learn some "real" American history.

    Then again, at least you know how to spell jackass you sheepish piece of Jack...

    For that I am thankful! Haole's abound!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    Once again America-can-do-no-wrong imperialist tendencies rear their ugly head. Hawaii didn't have a written language when the West imposed its spellings of its language and names of its things on it - including names like the Sandwich Islands and Hawaii.. From a phonemic perspective, nobody ever says FU Haole with a hard A inflection. Its said with a distinct hard E generally accentuating the FU intention towards those apparently lacking a soul, such as those who have blind faith in an America that is daily straying from its roots, once oriented towards real Freedom.

    Did you know that between 1850 and 1900 getting caught surfing was punishable by death in the Islands?

    Have you even ever been past Makaha on the way to Yokes and suddenly been stricken to surf Free Hawaii. You might be a paying attention editing fool, but you need to learn some "real" American history.

    Then again, at least you know how to spell jackass you sheepish piece of Jack...

    For that I am thankful! Haole's abound!
    I love me some U.S./World history, and I know this guy tried ripping you one, but is that the Aloha spirit?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    Once again America-can-do-no-wrong imperialist tendencies rear their ugly head. Hawaii didn't have a written language when the West imposed its spellings of its language and names of its things on it - including names like the Sandwich Islands and Hawaii.. From a phonemic perspective, nobody ever says FU Haole with a hard A inflection. Its said with a distinct hard E generally accentuating the FU intention towards those apparently lacking a soul, such as those who have blind faith in an America that is daily straying from its roots, once oriented towards real Freedom.

    Did you know that between 1850 and 1900 getting caught surfing was punishable by death in the Islands?

    Have you even ever been past Makaha on the way to Yokes and suddenly been stricken to surf Free Hawaii. You might be a paying attention editing fool, but you need to learn some "real" American history.

    Then again, at least you know how to spell jackass you sheepish piece of Jack...

    For that I am thankful! Haole's abound!
    i love how people make assumptions about people's knowledge of various things (like history) from something completely unrelated. i am WELL versed in hawaiian & us history, from both "offical" sources & unofficial. but you already have judged me as a "sheepish piece of jack...", so whatever.

  7. #17
    Good thing the US claimed the Hawaiian Islands. Imagine if it had been Japan? Or worse, Spain! You'd be singing a different tune then, BRAH.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    Once again America-can-do-no-wrong imperialist tendencies rear their ugly head. Hawaii didn't have a written language when the West imposed its spellings of its language and names of its things on it - including names like the Sandwich Islands and Hawaii.. From a phonemic perspective, nobody ever says FU Haole with a hard A inflection. Its said with a distinct hard E generally accentuating the FU intention towards those apparently lacking a soul, such as those who have blind faith in an America that is daily straying from its roots, once oriented towards real Freedom.

    Did you know that between 1850 and 1900 getting caught surfing was punishable by death in the Islands?

    Have you even ever been past Makaha on the way to Yokes and suddenly been stricken to surf Free Hawaii. You might be a paying attention editing fool, but you need to learn some "real" American history.

    Then again, at least you know how to spell jackass you sheepish piece of Jack...

    For that I am thankful! Haole's abound!
    Youse Hawaiin successionists need to really think aboot what Hawaii would be like as an autonomous ice nation.You need to really think aboot what you'd lose without the cover the U.S. blankets y'all wit'

    I know, I know, you'll tell us all how paradisical Hawaii would be in the 21 century as an independant ice nation. Pipe dream you pidgen, speaking, choke mokes.

    You know what I don't like aboot Hawaii is how the surf world acts like the Hawaiins are hard-guy thugs. Man, those clowns wouldn't last a day in Chicago. Shoot, they'd be crying aboot the air temperature.........on a 50 degree day.........Bring Da Hui to Philadelphia on a warm summer's night, attitude on display. Yes, Hawaiins will say, " Mainlanders are cowards who use guns for everything."

    Yeah, then go do some time in a mainland prison and say that.

    OH PATRIOTS, we are NOT FREE. CANADA IS MO' FREE THAN US. We sure have a lot of laws for a "free country." Dudes, EVERYTHING is illegal. All we are free on is:

    Speech(usually, sort of...kind of.......yeah better than alot of places)
    Religion

    Yep, that's it. Like you can get a ticket for "LOITERING" and get arrested for "Vagrancy" That's not freedom, dawgs. Well, the more money you have or if you are a corporation then you get some more freedoms. But the average hack ain't free. Just because you can buy sh!t doesn't make you free.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Youse Hawaiin successionists need to really think aboot what Hawaii would be like as an autonomous ice nation.You need to really think aboot what you'd lose without the cover the U.S. blankets y'all wit'

    I know, I know, you'll tell us all how paradisical Hawaii would be in the 21 century as an independant ice nation. Pipe dream you pidgen, speaking, choke mokes.

    You know what I don't like aboot Hawaii is how the surf world acts like the Hawaiins are hard-guy thugs. Man, those clowns wouldn't last a day in Chicago. Shoot, they'd be crying aboot the air temperature.........on a 50 degree day.........Bring Da Hui to Philadelphia on a warm summer's night, attitude on display. Yes, Hawaiins will say, " Mainlanders are cowards who use guns for everything."

    Yeah, then go do some time in a mainland prison and say that.

    OH PATRIOTS, we are NOT FREE. CANADA IS MO' FREE THAN US. We sure have a lot of laws for a "free country." Dudes, EVERYTHING is illegal. All we are free on is:

    Speech(usually, sort of...kind of.......yeah better than alot of places)
    Religion

    Yep, that's it. Like you can get a ticket for "LOITERING" and get arrested for "Vagrancy" That's not freedom, dawgs. Well, the more money you have or if you are a corporation then you get some more freedoms. But the average hack ain't free. Just because you can buy sh!t doesn't make you free.
    But you are free to move to a state that doesn't have those laws.

  10. #20
    When talking with my brother about what to do for the 4th, I said "let's keep it American and party", he replied, if we're gonna keep it American, we should invade other peoples parties and remove their hosts.. In the name of democracy". almost spit my beer out, but that would have been un-American.

    I don't like talking about government but thumbs, you're American, you were born one and you're gonna die one. Learn to love it, and before you get all hard talking **** to njsurfer and the rest of the forum about how it's Americas fault, yell at your ancestors for being weak. I don't like our government anymore either, but even more I dislike those who live under its rule and use its laws to protect themselves while crying about how evil and harmful it is.