LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60
  1. #31
    hahaha you fruit. we need to invest, cut red tape, and deregulate work associated with oil and fracking. the jobs/economics, alleviation of fuel prices and foreign deleveraging is critical to the future of this country. frack and drill. decrease unemployment. eventually pay lower fuel prices, stop relying on idiots that hate us and enjoy living like barbarians, decrease oil imports, increase oil exports. please stop drinking the kool aid. please.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern Monmouth
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    we need to act on this in order to prevent fracking of our coast. this is serious and demands our immediate attention!

    http://cleanoceanaction.blogspot.com...m-dead-to.html

    you can sign this petition here:
    https://secure3.convio.net/fww/site/...autologin=true
    I Signed this, Think of how many effects this thing sitting out at the mud hole ( the very start of the largest submarine canyon on the east coast, Hudson Canyon) can have. Forget about the pollution and geological effects for a minute even though they are the most important things, who knows how it will refract the swell and screw up the waves in Monmouth county and western LI.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern Monmouth
    Posts
    195
    You are the fruit with railroad tracks for a thought process, there are many alternatives to oil. Big money will not allow it.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    Archy,
    if your goal is to get the people on this forum to sign your petition. you should find out how the issue will directly effect the reason why we visit this site in the first place.

    when this proposal went out, a million different studies were done by groups against it on its effects to the surrounding environment. from what if something goes wrong to whale and seabird migration. they studied effects on fishing, on tourism, housing pricies, and how the facility will effect the coast.

    show us how this port will effect our surfing.
    It's not my petition but a petition for the public created by an environmental advocacy group.

    I'm not a scientist nor do I have time to delve into how this will effect out surfing. But without any studies or research I can tell you it will ruin our surfing if there ever was an accident at this port.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    956
    You guys stop frackin around!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,425
    Images
    6
    Petition signed. Opposed the broadwater project in L.I.S too.

  7. #37
    Can we please stick to the fracking topic and give archy your fracking input and answer the fracking question??? Thank you.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Can we please stick to the fracking topic and give archy your fracking input and answer the fracking question??? Thank you.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ glide View Post
    I Signed this, Think of how many effects this thing sitting out at the mud hole ( the very start of the largest submarine canyon on the east coast, Hudson Canyon) can have. Forget about the pollution and geological effects for a minute even though they are the most important things, who knows how it will refract the swell and screw up the waves in Monmouth county and western LI.
    Good point. Never even thought about that.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    It's not my petition but a petition for the public created by an environmental advocacy group.

    I'm not a scientist nor do I have time to delve into how this will effect out surfing. But without any studies or research I can tell you it will ruin our surfing if there ever was an accident at this port.
    im not hackin on you. im against the thing. its a danger for sure. but gives people reasons on why they should sign it rather than scolding them for not wanting to.

    here one reason to sign based on what i know of the one proposed in the sound. if the port were to have a an accident it could release a cloud of incinary cases that would blow with the prevailing wind, in the summer thats on shore, and then ignite when it reaches a combustion source. apparently that was a very real problem that hurt the chances of it being in the sound.

    another reason it got defeated had something to do with that you can't claim a space on a body of water.
    a section of the open water body would have been given over to a private corporation. Gunned security vessels would patrol the no access zone 24/7. No fishing, boating, would be allowed and additional moving “no public access zone” around the incoming LNG tankers that would be 2 miles in front, 1 mile in back and 750 yards on each side. Armed escort boats would surround the tankers as they traveled to the facility, marking the moving zone and requiring all vessels to get out of the way. who is paying for that added security? im going to assume taxpayer dollars.


    and for the record
    these ports usally do not export the gas. the are importing from foriegn countries