LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Hurricane dynamics

    How much does reaching land affect the proliferation or dissipation of a hurricane? The tropical storm has now been upgraded to Cat 1 Hurricane Erick and while we don't wish damage or hardship on any area, I know we are fiending for one over on the east. That one being on the Pacific side of Mexico probably has little to no effect on the waters even on the Gulf.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    anywhere there is surf
    Posts
    640
    Images
    2
    How much does reaching for that bottle affect the proliferation of brain thoughts to ones finger tips on the keyboard at 2:02 am....just kidding

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    How much does reaching for that bottle affect the proliferation of brain thoughts to ones finger tips on the keyboard at 2:02 am....just kidding
    Sober as a judge last night but what's it to you? That was a coherent post that was asking a valid question that some on here likely have answers to and many more are interested in because hurricanes will solve our flatness issues. I'd ask what you do at 2:02am but since it has nothing to do with my life and you're free to do as you please I really don't care. Btw...there's quite a few people in the world kicking back at 2:02am after a Saturday night even if I were. Not kidding...

  4. #4
    Thisnis the one I am watching
    http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Thisnis the one I am watching<br />http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/
    I'd say you're not the only one watching that...
    I for one am looking foward to the name Chan-Tal.... mmmmmhmmmm. lol.
    mmmhhhmmmm.jpg
    Last edited by MFitz73; Jul 7, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I'd say you're not the only one watching that...
    I for one am looking foward to the name Chan-Tal.... mmmmmhmmmm. lol.
    mmmhhhmmmm.jpg
    Good chance it will be a weak tropical storm with models all over the place ranging from being torn apart over mtns of Dominican Republic and then limping north to die in the Bahamas to a more northward turn to the southeast next weekend... Just too soon to say. I see the SI has us nearly flat next weekend. So far.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Good chance it will be a weak tropical storm with models all over the place ranging from being torn apart over mtns of Dominican Republic and then limping north to die in the Bahamas to a more northward turn to the southeast next weekend... Just too soon to say. I see the SI has us nearly flat next weekend. So far.
    yeah too early to tell.. but cane 4casters giving it 60% chance of becoming a tropical storm. Msw has decent waves for next weekend (3 to 4). but we all know how that goes this far off...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    How much does reaching land affect the proliferation or dissipation of a hurricane? The tropical storm has now been upgraded to Cat 1 Hurricane Erick and while we don't wish damage or hardship on any area, I know we are fiending for one over on the east. That one being on the Pacific side of Mexico probably has little to no effect on the waters even on the Gulf.
    A cane going over a relatively small landmass, in an area of warm friggin water, won't dissapate too much...i.e. Carribean Islands.......Florida.........once the core gets back in that warm friggin water and no upper wind shearing has occured that sucka can just strengthen thinking aboot New Jersey and how the NJ tourism board taunts him/her. Dudes, I have "Stronger than the Storm" just ringing in my head these days, and I keep picturing Chris Christie's daughter staring at me........and his wife. Handsome family by the way

    Don't even think aboot Pacific hurricanes unless you are headed to Laguna Beach for surf and to see the town of Archy's favorite MTV show of the same name....like eponymous and all.

    Oh I'm just joking with you Archy. Hopper better than Citta? That's just ridiculous. Though everyone knows Brian Kelly was the best surfer in New Jersey ever, except for Matt Keenan. Next you'll be telling me that Sam Hammer(scary, scary dude) is better than Sam Zuegner. LBI is where all the tough kids come to play, even though the area is 15 years behind the rest of the state when it comes to drugs, thugs, and guns. Hey Ocean County types, try not to OD, ok, you sissies. Jesus, they've been dropping like flies the past couple of months.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    A cane going over a relatively small landmass, in an area of warm friggin water, won't dissapate too much...i.e. Carribean Islands.......Florida.........once the core gets back in that warm friggin water and no upper wind shearing has occured that sucka can just strengthen thinking aboot New Jersey and how the NJ tourism board taunts him/her. Dudes, I have "Stronger than the Storm" just ringing in my head these days, and I keep picturing Chris Christie's daughter staring at me........and his wife. Handsome family by the way

    Don't even think aboot Pacific hurricanes unless you are headed to Laguna Beach for surf and to see the town of Archy's favorite MTV show of the same name....like eponymous and all.

    Oh I'm just joking with you Archy. Hopper better than Citta? That's just ridiculous. Though everyone knows Brian Kelly was the best surfer in New Jersey ever, except for Matt Keenan. Next you'll be telling me that Sam Hammer(scary, scary dude) is better than Sam Zuegner. LBI is where all the tough kids come to play, even though the area is 15 years behind the rest of the state when it comes to drugs, thugs, and guns. Hey Ocean County types, try not to OD, ok, you sissies. Jesus, they've been dropping like flies the past couple of months.
    ODing in the OC is just a way of life for us up here PJB. We arent sissies, were just not afraid to die.

    Sam Zuegner?

  10. #10
    MSW misled me so many times I stopped looking at them years ago. Be patient, we'll get some. Had a decent little run of swell down south for the last 4 days. Stay in shape, the swell is coming!