LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the verdict

the verdict

Sad case all the way around in the zimmerman/marten. Curious to some of the afterthought because I think I remeber a thread on here with pages of people making judgements.

I think legally it was the right verdict. Emotionally it's certainly outrageous. While Zimmerman probably was genuinely in fear for his life getting his ass kicked in by treyvon Martin, it was Zimmerman that created the situation.

It wasn't a murder trial in the usual sense, meaning it wasn't a guilty vs. innocent trial. Zimmerman said he killed the kid; the trial was about figuring out the motive behind it and the state trying to prove that Zimmerman had an intent to kill Trayvon. Without any evidence or eyewitnesses, there's no way the jury could have chosen guilty because it could not be proven that Zimmerman had intent to kill going into the altercation beyond a reasonable doubt (the last 4 words are key). That's the way our courts work. That said, he was probably guilty, just can't legally convict him.

Who cares: losers always manage to find one another.

That fat cross eyed inbredded rent a cop should be sitting in jail right now. All poor Tayvon did was woop his ass.

blacks kill blacks everyday. blacks kill whites everyday. whites kill whites everyday.

this was an overhyped case to create racial tension.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    blacks kill blacks everyday. blacks kill whites everyday. whites kill whites everyday.

this was an overhyped case to create racial tension.

Yep... Just remember, there's serious $$$$$$ in race baiting.

Zimmerman should get a longboard because he is a big fella ... are we talking about surfing?

the whole thing was f*cked up. the prosecution's only hope was to emotionally bully the jury into a conviction. the president commenting and master'baiters' like sharpton getting involved sure didn't help. but, i can understand peoples frustration with the whole d*nm system. especially in the wake of landmark civil rights legislation being struck down. makes race baiting too easy.
    how bout the 'stand your ground' case in FL (on friday) where a black women was sentenced to 20 years for firing a warning shot into her own ceiling. she was being strangled by her husband and told she was gonna die. he had beat the f*ck outta her for years. crazy. where's the outcry?

in other news... atlantic is still flat. also a crime

Quote Originally Posted by kiaora View Post
    Zimmerman should get a longboard because he is a big fella ... are we talking about surfing?
    lol
    I think a really big SUP and/or RS Yacht is more his speed. I wonder what kind and size wetsuit he's gonna need... I wonder what he thinks about the forecast for tomorrow....