LOGIN | REGISTER

a new shortboard

Lately I've been riding a 5'9" Chemistry Tron, but I'm looking to get a more traditional shape shortboard for bigger and steeper days. Around what size range would be a good fit for me?

I'm 5'10", around 165 lbs. I'd probably classify myself somewhere between a novice and intermediate surfer: off and on for several years, good paddle strength, can bottom turn, ride down the line, and catch waves consistently; starting to try cutbacks when I can with some success. My recent relocation near the shore has gotten me back into surfing 3-4 times a week year-round if waves permit, so I'm making a strong effort to get better every day I go and want a board that I can grow with for a while.

If you like your tron chemistry also makes a handful of really nice shortboards. I have an alchemist remix and it's a great board, has the float of a fish and the maneuverability of a shortboard. It would probably be a great board for you to transition into shortboarding with and you'll still be able to catch waves easily with it and have fun on the smaller days.

Images
    id suggest the roy stuat hotkurl, it can crave the **** out of toilet bowlz. but all jokes aside i love my 6,4 fish its great. you are the same size as me so it might do you good.
    Last edited by sandblasters; Jul 7, 2013 at 02:14 PM.