LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pro surfers

Hybrid View

pro surfers

How many pro surfers are there that have no real jobs?
    Last edited by catmaster2; Jul 7, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    How many pro surfers are there that have no real jobs?
    1,149 last time I counted

update 1,148

pro surfing is a real job. They actually get paid quite a good salary by their sponsors...they have a boss and have to do what they're told. Some of the top guys on the wct are millionaires...kelly has net worth of over 24 million dollars and I'm guessing mick fanning is doing quite well right now, too. Just the effort in organizing the traveling around the world every year is a job in itself.
    Last edited by waterbaby; Jul 7, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    pro surfing is a real job. They actually get paid quite a good salary by their sponsors...they have a boss and have to do what they're told. Some of the top guys on the wct are millionaires...kelly has net worth of over 24 million dollars and I'm guessing mick fanning is doing quite well right now, too. Just the effort in organizing the traveling around the world every year is a job in itself.
    Pro surfing is not a REAL job, realistically speaking. It does not produce any product for the betterment of humanity. It's a fairy tale job just like modeling or race car driving or professional weight lifting. Pro surfers spend as much (if not more) time organizing personal surf trips, and chasing swells. Pumping gas, medical services, construction, growing food, etc. are real jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    It does not produce any product for the betterment of humanity.
    Not true, it's called entertainment. And, it makes my life better.

ok then about how many?

about 1,148

...and don't tell me you'd ride waves like cloudbreak and teahupoo...like most of us, you'd be sitting out on the shoulder, with a load in your shorts, praying to go back to the pool.

You wouldn't ride Cloudbreak?!?! Really? How do you surf and not dream of surfing a perfect wave?
    I understand not surfing it when it's huge, but head to a few feet over head at that wave is as good as it gets.

I get it for Teahupoo. That wave is down right scary. But even chopes on a normal small day looks super fun. It morphs in to a beast when it gets big.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    ...and don't tell me you'd ride waves like cloudbreak and teahupoo...like most of us, you'd be sitting out on the shoulder, with a load in your shorts, praying to go back to the pool.