LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Harrumph...

Images
    Roy the grain crew will never see your template I can assure you that. When I finish my makaha build they probably will just see it at the spots. They are too busy pumping out cnc frames and teaching summer yuppies how to tight bond glue at their wooden board seminars, which is the corner stone of their business I'm pretty sure.

I don't know much about wooden boards, but this is looking spectacular. A true work of art. Gotta let us know when you're heading out for its maiden voyage. I might have to come down to see it in person...I'm just a couple breaks north.

Images
    So guys I've shaped the rails. I have done an 80/ 20 rail profile. Let me know your thoughts on whether it looks like and 80/20 !!? Steve sorry I didn't get at ya about your method but I had my own idea that was burning real hot. I think you will like this tho. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Images
    I used a 1-1/4" round over router bit on the deck and a 3/4" round over bit on the bottom. this has done a very nice job as far as symmetry is concerned. if you look at this pic of the rail profile sample you will see what the actual profile on the board looks like. this took me 1 hour to shape the rails. Another note, with the rail profile sample I was able to trace it onto a piece of foam blocking and essentially make a long board sanding block jig that holds the shape of the rail. Im looking to take shortcuts and speed this process and I think I have achieved it. Thoughts ?

Yes, thats a brilliant idea! It never dawned on me to use a router. That's something I'll try on my next one.

Images
    image.jpg

So it's prepped for resin coating. Rails look very straight and even and not a single glue stain so I feel ready to seal it up. I plan to use west system 207 special clear epoxy.

Good show Charles. The 207 hardener gives a gold colour to the resin, it's pretty good stuff. I've been meaning to reply to you re. a tunnel fin, will email today. Plans are all done btw.

Images
    Your the man Roy

Very clean looking work Charles. I can't wait to see it after the epoxy goes on.