LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    We've got some waves this week...when ya heading out?
    I'll be out at long sands on Saturday and Sunday. The gang buster ain't finished yet so I'll probably be on my 10 ft cedar Malibu or perhaps my surftech long board..

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Attachment 8271

Still hand foiling the wing tunnel. I think I'll put Kevlar on it and then go with the graphite resin finish for the hot coat. I want this thing to be strong. Roy how much do your stainless steel vents weigh ? I just got a 1.5" stainless steel vent from a local marine dealer but the thing weighs a ton ...
    It looks like your trailing edge needs more foiling. Looking good though.

Anyway regarding vents, the big stainless vents are typically a pound in weight. we cut off the long filler tube and this halves the weight. I use them for longboards, for shortboards I have some of these:

http://driftwoodsurfboards.co.uk/sho...s-steel-vents/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    It looks like your trailing edge needs more foiling. Looking good though.

Anyway regarding vents, the big stainless vents are typically a pound in weight. we cut off the long filler tube and this halves the weight. I use them for longboards, for shortboards I have some of these:

http://driftwoodsurfboards.co.uk/shop/stainless-steel-vents/

Roy I cut already did exactly what you said and cut off the stem on the stainless steel fitting. Much lighter, I'm gonna go with it. Careful hand foiling is taking some time but it's actually enjoyable for me, an excuse to sit on the deck and have a few beers.. Quite nice actually I'm really enjoying the process. I've held the annular wing into a high velocity shop fan and I can feel a nice force of lift on it. It's starting to look like a wing for sure. image.jpgimage.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    We've got some waves this week...when ya heading out?
    Bro long sands was going off like gang busters today. I got the 10' parallel profile Malibu out and it rode pretty well kinda weird but it went ! Where u surfin at in Maine anyways ?

Images
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Progress. Just need to attach the tunnel fin and it's ready for surf. This thing has a ton of volume so it's weight shouldn't be a problem on the water. With all the resin and hardware it weighs 23 lbs... A bit heavy but it should drive nicely

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Progress. Just need to attach the tunnel fin and it's ready for surf. This thing has a ton of volume so it's weight shouldn't be a problem on the water. With all the resin and hardware it weighs 23 lbs... A bit heavy but it should drive nicely
    I think it looks really nice! let us know how it surfs. take some vids if you can.

Bro long sands was going off like gang busters today. I got the 10' parallel profile Malibu out and it rode pretty well kinda weird but it went ! Where u surfin at in Maine anyways ?
    Just saw this now...looks like you posted last Wednesday. I was out that evening and it was by far the best conditions since Memorial Day weekend. Super clean, chest-ish high. Had a great night. I'm up in Kennebunkport so I'm always at Gooch's Beach. If there are waves, I'm in the water though usually after work. If you're up this way, give me a shout...otherwise I'll wait until the project board is launched and pay a visit to York. The board looks unreal.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    That's a pretty looking beast, like a bumblebee. By the way have you seen the new shark repellent wetsuits with the zebra stripes? The gang buster might have a similar effect.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    That's a pretty looking beast, like a bumblebee. By the way have you seen the new shark repellent wetsuits with the zebra stripes? The gang buster might have a similar effect.
    Hey, was your use of, " That's a pretty looking beast, like a bumblebee," a racial slur? I warn you, if you are recorded using racial slurs, you will be mandated to counseling. Counseling........

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey, was your use of, " That's a pretty looking beast, like a bumblebee," a racial slur? I warn you, if you are recorded using racial slurs, you will be mandated to counseling. Counseling........

I doubt Roy keeps up with American football news in NZ.