LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Lemme jump in real quick... I'm definitely not a RS believer but I do enjoy making my own HWS. They're good because they're not foam. They perform differently than foam. Do you think Charles is going to be entering any contests on this board? I don't. He builds them "because they are unique and they are for myself and I will be a better surfer because of my passion." Not because this is the new revelution and foam will be dead in 5 years.

Wood is good. I've seen a HWS stand up to 6 torpedos. I haven't seen a fitzpedo but I'm gonna assume your basic HWS could take at least 5.
    yeah I hear what you're saying. I just can't invision this board being able to take up enough of the wave energy to move in an enjoyable fashion. I'm not sure but didn't charles say its 24lbs or so?
    anyhows, that being said, I'm interested in following his experience with the board.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I'll tell you what.... the fitzpedo cleaned the hell up out of the lineup on that fatefull day. there wasnt one snake after that happened.... but then again.... it was the fitzpedo.
    I know dude, it was the shot hear round the world. I'll tell my grandkids about the Fitzpedo and how it regulated the lineup and taught a young grom the lessons of dropping in people.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I know dude, it was the shot hear round the world. I'll tell my grandkids about the Fitzpedo and how it regulated the lineup and taught a young grom the lessons of dropping in people.
    in the hopes that they won't "drop-in" on people of fitz' disposition Im sure is the reason.

Images
    Charles, I've mentioned previously that the board looks great. but after some thoughts on what you've created.... I don't know if this board will perform as well as a foam/glass board.
    this is just food for discussion but.... super fat rails and an overly flexible board.... Im thinking slow and sluggish and hard to turn.

when do you think you'll be taking her out for the first surf?
    I agree about the fat rails and thicker overall physique but I had in mind my slow head high mellow local beach brake type surf not hard barreling ledge type surf. I will not be entering compitions with it that's for sure. I agree it won't slash as hard as a foam thruster but I'm willing to bet it could be faster in making sections.

I've been catching mad east coast waves lately with my 5'8 Fitz Mush Diver

Images
    And it's not overly flexible the concave lamination has stiffened it up quite a bit.

in the hopes that they won't "drop-in" on people of fitz' disposition Im sure is the reason.
    In all seriousness this board Chuck has built is pretty neat looking, wonder if it will perform well and hold up over time.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    In all seriousness this board Chuck has built is pretty neat looking, wonder if it will perform well and hold up over time.
    I agree. it really is a work of art in my opinion. Again Charles, keep us posted.

Images
    Thanks guys. In all honesty I'm a terrible short boarder, I've been on long boards my entire life. The gang buster is my attempt to get nice at board building and to give myself a shorter board. I have some local buddies lined up to test it and give me critical feedback. Despite its weight it's still very very buoyant, I got it in my pool and all 200 lbs of myself couldn't hold it under , it would pop me right out. I will certainly keep you all posted on its performance and get some video footage too. I'm confident it will go nicely tho.

Images
    yeah I hear what you're saying. I just can't invision this board being able to take up enough of the wave energy to move in an enjoyable fashion. I'm not sure but didn't charles say its 24lbs or so?
    anyhows, that being said, I'm interested in following his experience with the board.
    We've all seen guys on the Solid pancake thin alias with literally no volume and those things seem to take up plenty of wave energy. The gang buster like I said has a ton of buoyancy so it's weight wont make it sink. The weight should create allot of momentum and thus capture the wave energy quite well. This all my theory tho and I hope to prove it with a detailed ride report.