LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stonger then the Storm?

New Jersey residents maybe \"stronger than the storm\", but it appears that some residents are not so intelligent. This decision could impact coastal communities, not just in New Jersey. <br /><br />\"But if the court sides with the Karans and the price they were awarded becomes a model for compensating other homeowners, the cost of future dune construction could become prohibitively expensive.\"<br /><br />http://www.newsworks.org//new-jersey...type=hp_impact
    Last edited by instantkarma; Jul 8, 2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Errors

Quote Originally Posted by instantkarma View Post
    New Jersey residents maybe \"stronger then the storm\", but it appears that some residents are not so intelligent. This decision could impact coastal communities, not just in New Jersey. <br /><br />\"But if the court sides with the Karans and the price they were awarded becomes a model for compensating other homeowners, the cost of future dune construction could become prohibitively expensive.\"<br /><br />http://www.newsworks.org//new-jersey...type=hp_impact
    *than.

just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by kinggargantuan View Post
    *than.

just sayin
    Wow you must he ejamacated

Sucks people are only thinking of themselves. It seems only the ones that truely enjoy the water are the ones that care

Quote Originally Posted by slow96coupe View Post
    Wow you must he ejamacated

Sucks people are only thinking of themselves. It seems only the ones that truely enjoy the water are the ones that care
    My fault, fair enough.

At first I was under the impression that the municipalities were trying to establish a permanent right-of-way to accommodate all future dune projects. If that were the case, then a $375K settlement MAY be warranted depending on the property.

If these lunatics are receiving that kind of payment to offset their loss of property value based on the view alone, then I think everyone involved must be taking the same drugs Archy and Trevolution are!

I have two words for those who want to arm the coast to protect their property: Strategic Retreat

Rebuild, Rethink or Retreat? This is the topic of discussion for a series of forums NPR is organizing to discuss the state of the NJ coastline post-Sandy. Seems like a great idea to me. More info about the forums and how to register at: http://www.newsworks.org//c...sandy?Itemid=1

i'm sorry but the stronger than the storm song is terrible

i have 2 words! aggressive expansion!

Images
    ...and (for once) common sense prevails:

The New Jersey Supreme Court has sided with Harvey Cedars in the borough’s eminent domain compensation case against oceanfront property owners Harvey and Phyllis Karan. In a unanimous decision announced Monday morning, the five justices agreed with Harvey Cedars’ contention that the beach replenishment project offered a special benefit to the Karans.
    the money quote:

“In short, the quantifiable decrease in the value of their property – loss of view – should have been set off by any quantifiable increase in its value – storm protection benefits. The Karans are entitled to just compensation, a reasonable calculation of any decrease in fair market value after the taking. They are not entitled to more, and certainly not a windfall at the public’s expense.”
    certainly not...they will benefit by having homes that are safer from future storms. hopefully, this will convince others to sign the f*cking easement and get out of the way.

http://thesandpaper.villagesoup.com/...t-case/1027892