LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chantal

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I got faith in Chantal. She's gonna show he fine a$$ up here. She's gonna be so fly
    So fly like a Cat6? Like a blizzard?

Images
    Cant wait!!!!!!!1!1!!!!!!!11

Check out the track now.

Chantal doesn't owe anyone anything!

not looking good. holding my breath though.

ugh bummer... this weekend is when I'm taking the family to Savannah

More rain, no waves.

Not the first thing I wanted to hear today. How variable is hurricane forecasting from the rest of typical weather incidents? I'd think it's equally flaky. Not hanging my hat on anything false, but also leaving some optimism open.

The AVERAGE margin of error predicting a hurricane's path four days out is something like 200 miles. Obviously, things tighten a lot as it gets closer. This one always looked like it would turn though, the high near Bermuda will push it west even if it hugs the eastern coast of Florida

Trying to predict landfall is near impossible, I remember Hurricane Charley was headed right for the Tampa Bay area in 2004 and was suppose to be a direct hit with serious devastation, but at the last second it changed it's path and went a bit south of us around the Punta Gorda area as a Cat 4. Nobody saw that coming, It was a blessing to those in the Bay area, but a major disaster down south.

Images
    Hey DPS, you be careful if that storm comes a knockin'. Yo, how was your east side excursion? Get the info you needed? Anybody give you any problems? My uncle lives in Melbourne Beach. He drinks Old Milwaulkee non-alcohol all day. Man, he was once one of the country's premier drinkers. He never had any time for me, though. (Cue violin music).

Hey Atlantic0: Where you live now, partner? Maybe I didn't catch your present location from your "list." Claiming that east side pride, man.