LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chantal

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey DPS, you be careful if that storm comes a knockin'. Yo, how was your east side excursion? Get the info you needed? Anybody give you any problems? My uncle lives in Melbourne Beach. He drinks Old Milwaulkee non-alcohol all day. Man, he was once one of the country's premier drinkers. He never had any time for me, though. (Cue violin music).
    Yeah that's no joke, seriously man, i'm not really one of those who gets real amped about Hurricane Season, although i'll get a little pumped if it's not going to impact me or anybody I know, and I'll partake in the wave riding that comes along with it (if it's worth the paddle out), but being a Florida Native has made this time of year bitter / sweet, you kind of just hope the storms sits out there and does nothing but spit waves for a week and then disapear with nobody getting smashed, but every damn year somewhere / someone gets it bad. I always feel bad for those who get the direct hit while everybody else gets "epic" surf. On one hand i'm happy to have surf but thinking about those getting their lives ruined at that moment kinda lowers the stoke levels, a very emotionally conflicting time of year i'd say.

As for my 5 days in Melbourne the past week / end... it was everything I thought it would be and then some. Mostly because I was blessed with good / great surf every single day. I was able to taste what it would be like, woke up every day before the sun is up, get a few hours of surf in, and then have the entire day to work / do whatever. We found the area we like the most and have now started narrowing down that search into a couple zip codes. Timing is the only thing holding us back...
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jul 10, 2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: can't type today

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Check out the track now.

Chantal doesn't owe anyone anything!
    I endorse this message

Quote Originally Posted by newenglandflatness View Post
    The AVERAGE margin of error predicting a hurricane's path four days out is something like 200 miles. Obviously, things tighten a lot as it gets closer. This one always looked like it would turn though, the high near Bermuda will push it west even if it hugs the eastern coast of Florida
    Thanks, brah. Doesn't sound like too much hope at this point though that's a great stat to know.

The track now shows it hitting land in the islands much earlier then heading due north after, losing significant power in the process and downgrading to a depression. Chance of it building back up and not heading west or what now?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    The track now shows it hitting land in the islands much earlier then heading due north after, losing significant power in the process and downgrading to a depression. Chance of it building back up and not heading west or what now?
    Chantal is a tease, always has been...

See this is what happens when you give storms stripper names.

Images
    They catch our eye and elevate our hopes, only to leave us w/ blueballs.

I think everyone's "on" today and firing on all cylinders here. All except for the chickenhead Chantal.

No happy endings with Chantal.