LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    Thursday Morning

    So who doesn't think its going to be 2'-4' Thursday morning? MSW calls for 2'-2.5'... Why the difference all the time? I always find it to be in between the two reports, to be honest... Anyway, really looking forward to, hopefully, a decent dawn patrol that morning.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    mswsucks
    Posts
    228
    I really enjoy the technology that is at our finger tips and the vast amount of knowledge one can attain through education of science . Of course it is easier to side with the masses and complain about the accuracy, or lack there of in the reports furnished in great detail. Nature is mostly unpredictable due to the constantly changing and evolving environment it creates. I'm usually stunned by how often the reports are correct , but then again I'm just an under achiever quite capable of much less than I normally get away with.

    I hope you get some good rides ! live in the moment and think about suckers like me who won't get out on Thursday.

  3. #3
    Thursday afternoon and evening looking even better in NE. I'll be out all damn day. I'll gladly take 24 inches of stoke. Too much time getting a tan lately, too little time getting rides. It's come down to me paddling out in the bay and hollering at boats to rip a wake for me so I can catch a lil bump. Most of them have no clue how to make a good wake so I can't even get a man-made ride.

    Let's go Ma! Meatloaf!! Never know what she's doing in there...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    mswsucks
    Posts
    228
    Let's go Ma! Meatloaf!! Never know what she's doing in there...
    That's awesome!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by antoine View Post
    I really enjoy the technology that is at our finger tips and the vast amount of knowledge one can attain through education of science . Of course it is easier to side with the masses and complain about the accuracy, or lack there of in the reports furnished in great detail. Nature is mostly unpredictable due to the constantly changing and evolving environment it creates. I'm usually stunned by how often the reports are correct , but then again I'm just an under achiever quite capable of much less than I normally get away with.

    I hope you get some good rides ! live in the moment and think about suckers like me who won't get out on Thursday.
    Thanks man... I do have to say, with today's technology, (various surf report websites, live beach cameras, etc) it is quite amazing how often they are correct and how incredible it is to be in your house, staring at the beach... but they should be correct with all the technology out there. I just never understood why, IMO, Swellinfo generally projects a higher swell height than most other surf forecasts...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    148
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by shorebreaker View Post
    I just never understood why, IMO, Swellinfo generally projects a higher swell height than most other surf forecasts...
    Search for posts by SwellInfo Administrator. Over the years, he has explained how difficult swell forecasting on the East Coast is ad infinitum.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,429
    Images
    5
    I just never understood why, IMO, Swellinfo generally projects a higher swell height than most other surf forecasts...
    I've found more often than not that Swellinfo under calls most swells, at least where I live. I know that knee high + forecast with light wind and an incoming tide is gonna be fun. That's the way it should be in my book.

  8. #8
    are we really hyping waist high windswell?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,941
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I've found more often than not that Swellinfo under calls most swells
    ^^^This, and also I find seaweed to be a joke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    ^^^This, and also I find seaweed to be a joke.
    Ditto. MSW is wrong 50-60 percent of the time with a forecast a day or two away. SI is only wrong about 20%.