LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    HAHA I forget relatives names at family reunions but I still remember both WRV surf report numbers.
    Could still remember the two I used to call, not many phone numbers committed to memory these days but those still are...used to get soo pi$$ed when you'd call and get a busy signal!

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    In summertime, the the weather systems that cause waves are smaller and shorter-lasting than in other seasons. Like for example in Summer I'll follow a Low through the Midwest and try to predict when in the next 2 days will be the best 2-4 hour window. If I'm right, I score -- usually without too much in the way of non-local crowds either -- since most surfers under 35 seem to be wholly reliant on free websites to try to predict swells. In Fall for example, its a different story, with some tropical system coming up the coast thats been tracked since the coast of Africa, the window for waves is much wider, like 1-3 days instead of 2-4 hrs, so its just so much easier for you and the rest of the sheep herd to stumble across decent waves.
    Thanks Dave! Def helps with the understanding of fall/winter vs summer forecasting...

As usual, tomorrow morning isn't look like anything that they originally called for (2'-4')... looking more like knee, maybe waist highs. I'll take it though!

@6 SEC ...last time i saw a swell interval that low the waves didnt tip over

For me in NJ it was is the Island Style and Moceans surf report that are burned into my memory. Now that I'm thinking of it I can't remember the moceans number clearly. Anyone remember that number, was something like 570-0557?

eastern lines and spellbinders for me 7326816407 7325311028

842-4024 who else in NJ has that number seared into their memory? I can remember hanging up and redialing that number 50 times a day to get around a busy signal or to get the update.