LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Lightbulb Local Shapers!!!

Ok, I would like to know all the local shapers in your area. i think it would be nice to know all the shapers/glassers around nc and south. now, i mean shapers that do their own glassing not shaper that have someone else do the glass work for them.

2. Wink Local Shapers

SURF CITY in NMB..... They are local shapers and designers.. They have their shop in the store and most of their boards are designed and shaped right there.. I got both of my boards tehre, and they're really easy going guys.. they're older guys, not intimidating for beginners or the sort.

My own personal opinion, but Kelly Richards in Garden City @ Village is hands down the best in the area. He shapes Perfection Boards. Pixie is talking about Gary Wilson who shapes for Surf City. Gary learned how to shape from Kelly at village. He makes a really good board but I still prefer Kelly. Like I said though, its all personal opinion, Kelly has been shaping my boards for years so he knows how I ride and what I like. Also, Todd Suttz is fairly new to the area and just now starting to get established. He shapes Island Inspired boards. He's from Hawaii and I've heard he shapes good stuff. He specializes in Longboards and Retro styles though. There is also Maya Surfboards, cant think of the dudes name but you can find most of his stuff in Extreme Surf Shop here in MB.

If ya got any questions feel free to Msg me.

kelly or todd. surf city is gay. kelly has the rep. but todd will have u a new stick in 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoytheslide View Post
    There is also Maya Surfboards, cant think of the dudes name but you can find most of his stuff in Extreme Surf Shop here in MB.
    Jamie Tuttle

I may be wrong on the last name, but he made my magic carpet: 6'0" Twin Devil fish.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    will allison makes a great longboard and ive heard good things about his other shapes as well. really nice board for around here in our type of waves.

Kelly Richards by far! Great guy, great to talk to and has been doing longer than anyone i know around here. However, I think he has someone else glass. I know he did when i had my first board done about 4 years ago. Guy named Christian at the time.

yea...ga ga ga go ta ta talk to ke ke kelly.

he's the best...hands down

yea, he does have someone else glass but only because of the amount of boards he puts out. Alberto still glasses the boards for him.

Enjoytheslide do you know how much that new guys long boards are running and how well they are made?