LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

checking yalls local beach water quality

well over the last year ive noticed days in my area,which were more nasty then ive ever seen my whole life. so ended up looking on this website and found out that the local beach is going to **** 33% increase of ecoli... the information is here, you know your local governments wont let it out for the areas that have high tourism i was always under the impression that our water was top notch and is for the most part i would say.

http://www.nrdc.org/water/oceans/ttw/

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    well over the last year ive noticed days in my area,which were more nasty then ive ever seen my whole life. so ended up looking on this website and found out that the local beach is going to **** 33% increase of ecoli... the information is here, you know your local governments wont let it out for the areas that have high tourism i was always under the impression that our water was top notch and is for the most part i would say.

http://www.nrdc.org/water/oceans/ttw/
    America's waters (oceans) are not ok.
    They're the furthest fuggin thing from ok (to paraphrase a Tarantino line).

They're a damn nightmare of eColi, staph, MRSA & freak show plagues that your local MD ain't gonna have a clue as to how to treat.

What's worse is that the beach cities keep this stuff hush-hush. Their goal is to keep the turistas flocking in, spending money, generating retail sales taxes for the local guv to keep the local people employed over those long no-turista winters.

50% of California's beaches are closed due to toxic pollution after any rainfall. And this is a first-world country...?
    Hawaii has a long track record of being unable to process its own human waste. So, what do they do? Flush it straight into the ocean, unprocessed, untreated. People take home staph infections along with the aloha spirit.

Here's the hook: these tourism-based local economies know full well that all these visitors who have been sickened by dipping in their waters are never going to put 2 & 2 together and link up, join forces, demand that the money be spent on making sure the toxicity stops.

Nope. Those local municipalities are going to spend that money on inflated govt salaries & grotesque govt pensions, instead of doing what's right.

Ain't no conspiracy theory. It's reality, borne out by the increasing numbers of people faling ill after swimming in ocean water off American coastlines.

Follow the money...

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Nope. Those local municipalities are going to spend that money on inflated govt salaries & grotesque govt pensions, instead of doing what's right.
    Follow the money...
    And let's not forget the mayor and city council turning over taxpayers' money to developers (who financed their elections & reelections) to fund highly questionable, private projects that benefit no one but themselves. All this when the city does not have enough money to adequately pay its school teachers. In VB, shaking down tourists for their revenue and paying off developers comes first.

I like how we had a $30MM shortfall for the school budget 2 yrs ago, but can come up with $18MM of taxpayer money for Bruce Thompson for the Cavalier after we bankrolled his Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    And let's not forget the mayor and city council turning over taxpayers' money to developers (who financed their elections & reelections) to fund highly questionable, private projects that benefit no one but themselves. All this when the city does not have enough money to adequately pay its school teachers. In VB, shaking down tourists for their revenue and paying off developers comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Dog View Post
    I like how we had a $30MM shortfall for the school budget 2 yrs ago, but can come up with $18MM of taxpayer money for Bruce Thompson for the Cavalier after we bankrolled his Hilton.
    And that's just the most recent example.

"He's restoring a historical landmark".... TO MAKE MONEY! Grrr. Was chatting up with a waitress from Mahi's about that deal and how Thompson is bragging about how is basically getting paid to buy it.

Still the Cavalier has the best Halloween parties

Between water quality in our area and the Wendys I ate today... my life line just got shrunk down. I just checked the surf report for tomorrow.... sharknados. FRAAAAAK!

yeah man, funded by surfing restriction and parking tickets. But seriously, the place is beautiful, what / how will they spend $18000000 on it? Is the foundation sinking or something?

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    yeah man, funded by surfing restriction and parking tickets. But seriously, the place is beautiful, what / how will they spend $18000000 on it? Is the foundation sinking or something?
    Pipes and wires installed in 1927 weren't made to handle curling irons, flat irons, in room fridge, in room tv's, maxi pads, 16-ply charmin, GMO laced monster turds, etc. etc. Plus, those 100's of doors weren't meant to be accessible for 500 pound cows on scooter wheelchairs and all of the other things the gubbmint requires nowdays. And, someone's gotta pay the engineers to figure out what is still useable and what needs to be scrapped.

I was wholeheartedly against the Hilton deal but I do have to say he does raise the bar for the area and isn't afraid to give back to the community. I think his son's ALS opened his eyes a little and he realizes he can "win" at business without stomping on everyone on his way to the top.

I'd rather the old hotel stay than ANOTHER timeshare community be placed up on that hill. Maybe it'll even keep a few of those people from coming down from DC for the free nights stay at the timeshare.

He knew what he was doing beforehand .Greedy developers and their buddys on city council. always money for a pet project .but screw a kids education.

Totally agree this this problem. Once they get their big salaries and development contracts they tell everyone else to go blow. WE have to take a stand everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post