LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Dog View Post
    I like how we had a $30MM shortfall for the school budget 2 yrs ago, but can come up with $18MM of taxpayer money for Bruce Thompson for the Cavalier after we bankrolled his Hilton.
    He knew what he was doing beforehand .Greedy developers and their buddys on city council. always money for a pet project .but screw a kids education.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    yeah man, funded by surfing restriction and parking tickets. But seriously, the place is beautiful, what / how will they spend $18000000 on it? Is the foundation sinking or something?
    Pipes and wires installed in 1927 weren't made to handle curling irons, flat irons, in room fridge, in room tv's, maxi pads, 16-ply charmin, GMO laced monster turds, etc. etc. Plus, those 100's of doors weren't meant to be accessible for 500 pound cows on scooter wheelchairs and all of the other things the gubbmint requires nowdays. And, someone's gotta pay the engineers to figure out what is still useable and what needs to be scrapped.

I was wholeheartedly against the Hilton deal but I do have to say he does raise the bar for the area and isn't afraid to give back to the community. I think his son's ALS opened his eyes a little and he realizes he can "win" at business without stomping on everyone on his way to the top.

I'd rather the old hotel stay than ANOTHER timeshare community be placed up on that hill. Maybe it'll even keep a few of those people from coming down from DC for the free nights stay at the timeshare.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    Are you talking with Archy now? Sounds like all conspiracy. I thought brewman would question many of your points here and ask for facts and links to websites supporting these opinions.
    How about this for data...? Wake the fugg up, junior.

Or, if you insist on maintaining your own ignorance then don't spew it here. Just stick to your Captain Marvel comic books.

Totally agree this this problem. Once they get their big salaries and development contracts they tell everyone else to go blow. WE have to take a stand everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    And let's not forget the mayor and city council turning over taxpayers' money to developers (who financed their elections & reelections) to fund highly questionable, private projects that benefit no one but themselves. All this when the city does not have enough money to adequately pay its school teachers. In VB, shaking down tourists for their revenue and paying off developers comes first.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Totally agree this this problem. Once they get their big salaries and development contracts they tell everyone else to go blow. WE have to take a stand everytime.
    out old mayor for the last 15 years owned the biggest construction company on the island, but the clean water act did a good job a cleaning up and some what questionable job to. surfrider isnt going to stop pollution..these multi million dollar corporation lawyers will destroy anything person and law. it seems the oceans biggest opponent is greed. but we al shouldnt be arguing about facts and statistics, just 1 person sick from a dip in the ocean/ great lake/ river is to many. i am just thankful someone is testing the water i was going to get into it myself with my local beach but i dont have enough money for the testing equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    out old mayor for the last 15 years owned the biggest construction company on the island, but the clean water act did a good job a cleaning up and some what questionable job to. surfrider isnt going to stop pollution..these multi million dollar corporation lawyers will destroy anything person and law. it seems the oceans biggest opponent is greed. but we al shouldnt be arguing about facts and statistics, just 1 person sick from a dip in the ocean/ great lake/ river is to many. i am just thankful someone is testing the water i was going to get into it myself with my local beach but i dont have enough money for the testing equipment.
    "Surfrider isn.t going to stop pollution is an ignorant statement". Surfrider Foundation is only as strong as the local stakeholders make it. You get to use the name and the reputation, but its not a genie. You have to organize locally, get a few sponsors, donors, patrons, and fund the water testing. Then you go to media and shame the offenders into acting, or the authorities in charge of public heath into acting. Or you can just ***** and whine.