LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dark Fin webbed gloves for surfing.....

Just received a pair of these webbed water sport gloves in the mail. I haven't tried them yet but, they are advertised to help you paddle faster, turn around faster, and provide a resistance like workout. I buy in to the idea enough to have bought a pair to test. 30 bucks including shipping won't break the bank I guess.

Today I reheated old Chinese food for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    Today I reheated old Chinese food for lunch.
    This was good. Not the food; the post.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    This was good. Not the food; the post.
    The pork-fried rice was none too bad either, brah!

Longboarders who also wear webbed gloves are the scum of the earth

You shoulda just let it ride man, now you're asking for attention, very Roy esque if you ask me...

Images
    I'll be honest here, when I was like 12/13 I wore some webbed gloves, think they were called "webbs"...but, I mean, I was 12.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'll be honest here, when I was like 12/13 I wore some webbed gloves, think they were called "webbs"...but, I mean, I was 12.
    Same, I had some A.P.E.s in 1989 or 1990 for bodyboarding that went real well with my red, blue and pink shorty...

Ok, I came across some webbed gloves earlier this spring. Someone was selling a cheap, but nearly new wetty that I was picking up for a buddy. They threw in the webbed gloves. I threw one on the next day opposite of a claw glove. The webbed one let in more cold water through the stitching in the first 3 seconds of submersion than the reef shoes I experimented with around the same time. Neither made very much sense then, and makes less sense now.

BTW, paddling makes for better paddling. So does paddling with proper technique. No kevlar-neoprene webbed glove with the tightest of liquid seams will replace a poor lactic acid threshold and localized strength for the shoulders, lats, and triceps.

I don't need them. If I did need them I wouldn't know it because I have never used them.

I'm not trying to sell the gloves here so don't get me wrong. I'm not promoting or demoting them.