LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

A liitle advice from yer ol' uncle Cheech

Stay away from fast food and all you can eat. I do food service equipment repair. My last real job had Arby's, Wendys, and subway for clients. Arbys roast beef isn't meat when it arrives. It's a bag of jelly that gets put into a heating cabinet until it hardens, then put in an oven to give it it's roasted color. then cut into strips.
    I've been to every Wendys from KDH N.C. to the north side of Williamsburg. I would eat Arbys smothered in Chinse food before tasting Wendy schitt.
    Don't get the fountain drink from Subway.
    then there's this.

Publix subs it is then ayyyyy ? How about tropical smoothie?

Images
    good lookin out cheech. gross!

damn. arbys for lunch.

Science is so wonderful, unless its part of your lunch. Gross.

Well, I mean, I'm not expecting much from Golden Corral. Seriously though, if you're worried about food safety just cook at home. I worked as a line cook for a while...I've seen sketchy stuff happen everywhere from a crappy Mexican joint to fine dining. The stuff I'd hear from the Sysco drivers about Chinese restaurants was horrifying. And there are a lot of line cooks who are oblivious to microbiology.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Stay away from fast food and all you can eat.
    I think I have only had fast food once in the last 5 years. I worked at Burger King when I was 15. I would encourage everyone to avoid BK. I am not even sure how that stuff is considered food.

Then there is this: http://thechive.com/2013/04/25/mcdon...wine-4-photos/

That's a sh1tton of preservatives.

Just watch Bar Rescue on Spike and you'll see all you need to know about public dining establishments. It's incredible what goes on, and it's everywhere, not just dive bars or fast food joints, it's the "nice" places too. Working as a cook in my teens was eye opening, seeing what others will do in a kitchen and then serve you. I still eat out, but I only order certain things from certain places, still not safe, but I try not to think about it. Eating at home is the best way to go to avoid it, we do a lot of that these days, but sometimes you just wanna night out, that's when we roll the dice...

I like "top tier" fast food (Qdoba, Firehouse, Jimmy John's, etc.). I don't mind paying $11.00 for a meal if I know it's been made with real ingredients. But mostly I cook breakfast at home and bring a sandwich for lunch.