LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarast View Post
    DAMNIT! Could you of posted this like about around 10am. I eat fast food maybe once a year.... but running around for work this morning and stopped by... WENDYS! Subway next to one life off Princess Anne was slammed so settled for Wendys.

I also worked off and on in the restaurant industry since a teenager from waiter, bar back, bartender, a few times of filling in for a line cook, and multiple times as a bar manager. There is some NASTY crap out there! Old meat and veggies that one can't identify sitting uncovered in the walk-in with other "fresh" ingredients..... just a science project waiting to create the next super virus.

Thanks Cheech... little late. If I die tonight I don't blame you though cause who ever trusts a restaurant where their covergirl is a ginger
    yeah, I've worked at the wendy's on tiffany pl. just think of eating there as prep for when you're homeless and have to eat from dumpsters.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    There are plenty of fine dining places here with very clean kitchens. It is key to meet the chef/line cooks and know their attitude and work ethic.
    you pretty much get an idea when you got to lay on the floor or move equipment around. I quit eating Chinese 20 years ago when I started doing this crap. My wife will suggest a place she thinks is safe because,"they cook it in front of you." yeah but you don't see how it's stored. Evidently one doesn't have to refrigerate duck. I'd see them hanging in closets.

What makes you think the food you buy at a grocery store has been handled properly? Really the only way to be 100% sure is to raise your meat and grow your vegetables yourself.

at a grocery, you have an opportunity to inspect the product in a raw state. I restaurants there's plenty of schlort they can apply to get the stank and discoloration out. But, you are right about being vigilant. I did supermarket work for Belo (standards) Supermarket. They sold a brand of chicken that the mfr said had a 3 day shelf life. the butcher would rewrap it with belo sticker for another week, then, if it still wasn't sold, would fry it and put it in the deli. MMMMMMMMMMMM MMM!

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    you pretty much get an idea when you got to lay on the floor or move equipment around. I quit eating Chinese 20 years ago when I started doing this crap. My wife will suggest a place she thinks is safe because,"they cook it in front of you." yeah but you don't see how it's stored. Evidently one doesn't have to refrigerate duck. I'd see them hanging in closets.
    In the back of my head, I always knew this was probably true but I can only imagine what you've seen. Not looking forward to the next time wifey asks which chinese place should we order from tonight. Make me a sammich!

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    In the back of my head, I always knew this was probably true but I can only imagine what you've seen. Not looking forward to the next time wifey asks which chinese place should we order from tonight. Make me a sammich!
    My wife won't even bother asking me if we can get Chinese food anymore after I almost choked on a rubber band that was in my food, and then after that story broke about that Chinese restaurant that was caught dragging road kill in the back with trashcans, that patrons witnessed. Blood streak behind the trash can as it slides across the floor, man mopping up behind them.... can you picture it?
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jul 12, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

when my wifey had a real job, the office would order from a gourmet food delivery. she bit into her fancy sammich and pull out a band aid.

I can't open the video...says it's private.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Reminds me of the Simpsons Mcrib episode, which played on scenes from Requiem for a Dream.

I do still eat at restaurants, but I know most of the owners and chefs at these restaurants, and they serve mostly local foods. I am not really afraid of pig intestine, as I use it to case my homemade sausages, but I want nothing to do with the random stuff they use to form those fake ribs.
    Such a damn good episode. I'm pleased there are more than a few Simpsons savants on SI.