LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Agree with everyone. Anton that has worked in a kitchen knows what goes on. Especially in crappy fast food joints. You have young under paid employees preparing garbage.

    Much more satisfying to cook. Go out less, but to higher end places that really care about their food and would fire someone on the spot for messing with it.
    Nothing wrong with eating pig intestine. When I ate meat sausage was a fave. I'm sure your intestine are nice n clean.

    After watching some slaughterhouse videos I can say with confidence that sanitation isn't high priority when it comes to supplying large conglomerate like McE D's.

    I'd like some extra s**t wit me ribs pweese.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I'm curious Archy. what do you do for a living?
    Custom bathroom design and construction, mosaic design. Artsy stuff with a mix of elbow grease. Was headed for culinary school in my young 20's but took the money saved up for school and traveled for a year.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Custom bathroom design and construction, mosaic design. Artsy stuff with a mix of elbow grease. Was headed for culinary school in my young 20's but took the money saved up for school and traveled for a year.
    Well, the problem with the article is that it lacks factual data. A well written piece would have listed the official ingredients then talked about each. If they suspected something else then they should have provided lab data to back that up. That came across as heresy like when groups said mcds used pinkslime recently but it was found to be untrue.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Nothing wrong with eating pig intestine. When I ate meat sausage was a fave. I'm sure your intestine are nice n clean.

    After watching some slaughterhouse videos I can say with confidence that sanitation isn't high priority when it comes to supplying large conglomerate like McE D's.

    I'd like some extra s**t wit me ribs pweese.
    I think you have been misled on the origin of natural casings.

    "Natural sausage casings (“casings”) are made from the sub-mucosa, a layer of the intestine that consists mainly of naturally occurring collagen. This should not be confused with collagen casings, which are artificially processed from collagen derived from the skins of cattle. Natural casings are derived from the intestinal tract of farmed animals, are edible and bear a close resemblance to the original intestine after processing. The outer fat and the inner mucosa lining are removed during processing."

    You are not eating anything that touched poop. The casing is just the middle layer of the 3 layer intestinal tissue.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Well, the problem with the article is that it lacks factual data. A well written piece would have listed the official ingredients then talked about each. If they suspected something else then they should have provided lab data to back that up. That came across as heresy like when groups said mcds used pinkslime recently but it was found to be untrue.
    Here's a list straight from the pigs mouth er um a**hole.
    http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnu...dientslist.pdf

    If your conserned I guess you could look up the ingrediants yourself.
    Remember when they list 'pork' as an ingrediant, it can be any part of the animal.

    Not baggin on your question of the article, just eatin lunch at work, and pulled that up on my iPhone.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I think you have been misled on the origin of natural casings.

    "Natural sausage casings (“casings”) are made from the sub-mucosa, a layer of the intestine that consists mainly of naturally occurring collagen. This should not be confused with collagen casings, which are artificially processed from collagen derived from the skins of cattle. Natural casings are derived from the intestinal tract of farmed animals, are edible and bear a close resemblance to the original intestine after processing. The outer fat and the inner mucosa lining are removed during processing."

    You are not eating anything that touched poop. The casing is just the middle layer of the 3 layer intestinal tissue.
    That's good to know I was t eating s**t all them years.

    But I suspect McRibites are.

    When I used to cook in restaurants, the Italian owners of one would ask me to make them tripe. Ugh. I wouldn't even taste it. Them ginnies loved it. Eew.

  7. #27
    the fancier the restaurant the dirtier the kitchen, I've seen. There was an expensive place at 1st St called The Lighthouse. The chef would pour boxes of salt on the floor to keep from sliding around. My li'l wifey makes my lunch, and there only a few places I eat dinner. the cleanest place in the 757 is Doumars in Norfolk, opened in the early 1900s. Evidently the health dept mandated removing equipment and washing down the kitchen once a week. they still do it every Sunday, plus all the equipment.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I would eat Arbys smothered in Chinse food before tasting Wendy schitt.
    Don't get the fountain drink from Subway.
    then there's this.
    DAMNIT! Could you of posted this like about around 10am. I eat fast food maybe once a year.... but running around for work this morning and stopped by... WENDYS! Subway next to one life off Princess Anne was slammed so settled for Wendys.


    I also worked off and on in the restaurant industry since a teenager from waiter, bar back, bartender, a few times of filling in for a line cook, and multiple times as a bar manager. There is some NASTY crap out there! Old meat and veggies that one can't identify sitting uncovered in the walk-in with other "fresh" ingredients..... just a science project waiting to create the next super virus.

    Thanks Cheech... little late. If I die tonight I don't blame you though cause who ever trusts a restaurant where their covergirl is a ginger

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    1,117
    Jay Leno did a spoof tonight on the Golden Corral health inspection and the "dumpster meat".
    Also the story about Justin Bieber peeing in a mop bucket in a restaurant kitchen. At Golden Corral, they call that "soup".

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    the fancier the restaurant the dirtier the kitchen, I've seen. There was an expensive place at 1st St called The Lighthouse. The chef would pour boxes of salt on the floor to keep from sliding around. My li'l wifey makes my lunch, and there only a few places I eat dinner. the cleanest place in the 757 is Doumars in Norfolk, opened in the early 1900s. Evidently the health dept mandated removing equipment and washing down the kitchen once a week. they still do it every Sunday, plus all the equipment.
    There are plenty of fine dining places here with very clean kitchens. It is key to meet the chef/line cooks and know their attitude and work ethic.