LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Great. I weighed the options of heading to RI based on a fair report and sticking around in MA/NH. Chose the second and a duck couldn't surf on what is out there today. Glad you got some though.
    You missed nothing down here. Rier was surfing chest high sets with njshredmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    You missed nothing down here. Rier was surfing chest high sets with njshredmachine.
    Good point, however, it must be noted that while NJshred's scale of wave height is 2.5x that of mine foot for foot, mine is 2.5x that of the mainstream community.

Got to say that I'm pretty close to linking 10 Slip & Slides together and placing them on a rideable decline of land. I did what PB&J says to do by going down to the beach and seeing the "report" for myself and all I saw was still water.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    I do more logging in winter because I choose calm sunny days, 1-3 ft. On the big board you float more above water and the small surf keeps your top half dry. Maybe I'm a wuss but at least I'm not a bi*ch....
    funniest line of this thread...

4. Dude you dont live in the north east

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You don't annoy me. I'm just pointing out that you clearly don't have a clue of what's going on in the ocean lately. It's been fun for as long as I can remember. I'm not talking ankle slappers either, i'm talking chest to head some days, waist to chest others, and a few knee to thigh's sprinkled in. Point is, every day I have had available to surf, there were waves., and I surfed. You should try it...
    Yes I understand that central FL rarely goes below waist high but Anywhere north of long island is like a pond right now.

Quote Originally Posted by surfthewall11 View Post
    Yes I understand that central FL rarely goes below waist high but Anywhere north of long island is like a pond right now.
    Sucks for youse guys

Quote Originally Posted by RIer View Post
    Not sure where you are, but there were waist-chest high sets at first light this morning in RI. Onshore winds, but not too bad. There has barely been a day this summer that wasn't at least longboard-able. Get a longboard if you don't already have one. It will turn knee high days into fun days.
    I know where you were and Are man...It's where everyone and anyone who knows what's up has been Especially right before/during and after incoming tide. I wasn't out this morning, sidelined being sick, but on REALLY good authority couple hours ago from a couple of brothers who Don't exaggerate- That was the report. Even at low tide.
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kpd73 View Post
    I know where you were and Are man...It's where everyone and anyone who knows what's up has been Especially right before/during and after incoming tide. I wasn't out this morning, sidelined being sick, but on REALLY good authority couple hours ago from a couple of brothers who Don't exaggerate- That was the report. Even at low tide.
    Good for you.
    Let's see some pics/video's of chest high waves. So basically all tides you just said. lol
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Jul 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

I don't take pics/videos but DID just return fron this exact spot and paddled out. Waist high...closing out, but the smaller ones were connecting inside. Got reports of people late afternoon further up along the same strip and RIGHT NOW at a very popular point getting it. Nothing Spectacular, but super fun.
    And of course it's not ALL tides, but on incoming tide, this beachbreak as long as there is a small bump in the water gets fun as hell for a bit. Has been almost every day.
    Stop asking for relying/on pics/vids to prove everything. Talk with people tonight and tomorrow provided you've Made any friends with your attitude and ask them where they surfed last night yesterday morning. Enough people were out you're Bound toget an answer.
    Good luck.

Man,that waist to chest high stuff sure has been missing VB.
    For awhile now it's been 0-1ft with an occasional 2 ft. Can't do nuthin' about that. Just live and make the best of it. Use a longer board. Check different spots in the area - even along the same beach. Go at different times. Here, around low tide seems to be best with the weak swells/small waves we've been experiencing. As has been suggested, talk with others. Perhaps they've had better luck at spots you haven't yet checked or during times you haven't been out.
    Or just go out and paddle for exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Because then it's only 2 months left(sept/oct) before it starts getting too cold out.

You're complaining about it being flat but you don't like surfing in the winter? Maybe you wouldn't be so disappointed if you looked forward to the winter like the rest of us. Summer is always flat.