LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RIer View Post
    Oh, you saw videos. Lucky all of the spots in RI are on camera.
    Bro give me a break. If there's swell it's going to show up at those spots. You're talking short period "barely a swell" stuff here. Not refraction with larger breakers at long period specific spots.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    We are 1000 miles apart. lol
    Aint that the truth...

I do more logging in winter because I choose calm sunny days, 1-3 ft. On the big board you float more above water and the small surf keeps your top half dry. Maybe I'm a wuss but at least I'm not a bi*ch....

You what's really funny? You guys take this as an "attack" on east coast surfing. That's why you get your panties in a bunch when someone complains about flatness on the ec during summer. lol

Kind of laughable to take this stuff that seriously.

Bro give me a break. If there's swell it's going to show up at those spots. You're talking short period "barely a swell" stuff here. Not refraction with larger breakers at long period specific spots.
    I didn't say it was perfect. It was short period, light onshore wind, mostly junk but every 5-10 minutes a decent set would roll through. It's not a wave machine and IMO it was pretty fun for July. But whatever, stay home and watch the cams and wait for the perfect day we'll get at some point in the next 10-15 weeks.

You what's really funny? You guys take this as an "attack" on east coast surfing. That's why you get your panties in a bunch when someone complains about flatness on the ec during summer. lol

Kind of laughable to take this stuff that seriously.
    My reaction was more based on the fact that I was just thinking how this summer has been well above average and I can't even remember when the last truly flat (i.e., totally unrideable) day was. So it's interesting to me that we seem to be in the same general area and you have the opposite perspective. Doesn't really matter, just interesting.

The only reasonable reply was the longboard suggestion(doesn't apply to me, but it's totally reasonable). The rest of it is just nonsense. It's flat and I'm going to vent about it. I don't need lectures about surfing in winter and peeps lying about wave conditions to make it seem better than it is.

My reaction was more based on the fact that I was just thinking how this summer has been well above average and I can't even remember when the last truly flat (i.e., totally unrideable) day was. So it's interesting to me that we seem to be in the same general area and you have the opposite perspective. Doesn't really matter, just interesting.
    It was great until june 19. Right around the start of meteorological summer Then it fell apart. Rideable for me on a bodyboard is different than longboarding rideable. I really need waist high on sets and it can still even be mushy or at least thigh if it's barreling.

I'll support shark-hunter in his frustration with recent conditions. In southern ME there has been nothing ride-able in the last 10 days even on the 10'2" longboard I have. We all love to surf so it's hard when the nicest days are here with nothing to ride. Nature of the beast. It's not bi***ing, it's venting. Subtle difference.

I didn't say it was perfect. It was short period, light onshore wind, mostly junk but every 5-10 minutes a decent set would roll through. It's not a wave machine and IMO it was pretty fun for July. But whatever, stay home and watch the cams and wait for the perfect day we'll get at some point in the next 10-15 weeks.
    10-15 weeks?
    Once September rolls in you get days and days of good waves with clean conditions. This flatness is brutal.