LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rib Cage/Abdominal Pain from surfing?

Hi guys,

Sorry to sound like a kook...does anyone else get pain in the rib cage/abdominal area from surfing?

I've had this kind of off and on for the past 1.5 months. Kind of like a soreness/ache in the area, sometimes a bloated feeling

Does this just come with the territory of surfing?

Thanks guys

-Bruce

You have Ebola

If I am catching lots of waves, the band of muscles that go across torso just below rib cage cramp up on pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to sound like a kook...does anyone else get pain in the rib cage/abdominal area from surfing?

I've had this kind of off and on for the past 1.5 months. Kind of like a soreness/ache in the area, sometimes a bloated feeling

Does this just come with the territory of surfing?

Thanks guys

-Bruce
    You got it from posing into your go pro too much. Seriously how many of the same angle go pro shot can you post on your profile?

Nip and/or thigh rash is worse.

I get sore ribs every once in a while...but I don't think it's from surfing so much as it is from sleeping (passing out) in awkward position on a sh!tty mattress.

Don't be surprised if your chest-bone begins to ail you, as well as arm pain, tennis elbow, "ice cream" headache, shoulder pain, plantar fascist, and sore scroat.

OP: please also keep your medical inquiry confined to this forum. SI is a house of learned doctors and you're in good hands here. No sense in consulting WebMD or any medical professional for that matter. We also prefer if you have no health insurance policy as that would be way too hard to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    If I am catching lots of waves, the band of muscles that go across torso just below rib cage cramp up on pop up.
    Queen mum, you're referring to the muscle group known as the stokealassimus dorsi. It tends to get very tense when wave count is higher, especially barrells. It's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    OP: please also keep your medical inquiry confined to this forum. SI is a house of learned doctors and you're in good hands here. No sense in consulting WebMD or any medical professional for that matter. We also prefer if you have no health insurance policy as that would be way too hard to process.
    Best listen to him, bdub:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepFO4psgKE