LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grom-ajb View Post
    Wow dude, risky request. At 5ft, 100#'s she's either quite dainty, or in middle school.
    Well he DOES still live at home with Mom / Dad

Wow dude, risky request. At 5ft, 100#'s she's either quite dainty, or in middle school.
    BCN should just let shorty borrow a stick from his quiver. It'll give new meaning to the term "predatory lending".

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    BCN should just let shorty borrow a stick from his quiver. It'll give new meaning to the term "predatory lending".
    You think I should let her "borrow a stick"? Dude that's disgusting. Grow up

detachable pen!5...I think there's a song in there somewhere

Shorty - apparently female surfers must have a thick skin for a variety of reasons, including forum participation. In addition to the longboard we suggested you buy, you should probably grab a hooded 5/4 with booties and mittens to wear at all times. If you're too warm with that in FL, come surf up North.

I started on an old yellowed single fin I found cheap in a pawn shop. It was over a foot taller than me and thick like a funboard. Didn't matter that it didn't turn because I was mostly pointing straight toward the beach and riding whitewater. When I did start angling, it still wouldn't turn....I never rode a wave big enough to be able to do a turn on it. So, don't get an old single fin because you'll never be able to turn on it.

For a first board, I'd recommend a softboard (odysea, wavestorm, etc) with 3 fins and just have a blast playing/learning and not worrying if you "go over the falls" or get hit by the board. Once you learn to angle and do turns, you'll be ready for a shorter, thinner, glassed board...but this will probably take you a couple of years.

Am I the only one surprised His Shredness hasn't kicked a bit of game here? Maybe he's faithful to the Hindus or it could've been a hectic day on the Exchange.

Shorty - apparently female surfers must have a thick skin for a variety of reasons, including forum participation. In addition to the longboard we suggested you buy, you should probably grab a hooded 5/4 with booties and mittens to wear at all times. If you're too warm with that in FL, come surf up North.
    I like that you addressed her properly and your overall technique is solid here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby's nephew View Post
    In order for us to accurately give advice on things such as board length, thickness, foot placement, etc. you really need to post pictures of yourself, from multiple angles.
    That was awkward. And you hadn't even started drinking yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    At 5ft tall 100lbs, you can get away with anything in the 7' - 8' range, that's either going to be a nice size "Fun Board" or a smaller sized "Long Board", as 9ft is regulation size for a LB (doesn't matter, you aren't competing), I recommend something more in the 8' range though, the more foam the better in the beginning. You'll be surprised how light an 8ft board can be if you get the right one.

I have a 8'1" McTavish 8 Ball that I picked up for like $475-500 if I recall. It's light and Epoxy, so it doesn't ding easily. It came with a tri-fin setup that I used for a while, it gave more stability. Now, I'm using a single fin on it, and it's turned into a whole new board for me and I am really digging it. It's making my skills on my short board so much better, and that's really what my goal was when I got the board, to improve my overall surfing, for all boards. Having a LB will do that, you'll spend more time up and riding waves then anything else you'll ride (except maybe an SUP, which I highly recommend too, but different ball game all together)
    don't listen to this guy about a SUP!! he's right about a surfboard though. 7-8-9ft will work fine. fits in the wave better. if your 5'7 @100lbs go to a local shaper... im sure he'll give you a 'deal'.
    Last edited by AtanticO; Jul 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM.